Thread: Can I get the GPRS setting of Vodafone for my Micromax phone?

Can I get the GPRS setting of Vodafone for my Micromax phone?

Hello everyone I first of all want to thank you for your responses and solutions on this site. I would like to know if you can activate GPRS on my Micromax phone. I have the Micromax x360 model and I don’t even know if accesing the GPRS is possible on this phone. Micromax is a cheap phone with many features in it but still don’t know how to activate the gprs. Please do help me find the setting for the same. Your help will be much appreciated. I need GPRS since I want to access internet from my mobile phone.

Re: Can I get the GPRS setting of Vodafone for my Micromax phone?

I don’t know anything about Micromax mobile or if it has GPRS in it. But if you want to activate GPRS you will need to contact the service provider on their call centre number or else visit your nearest service center of Micromax in your area. They will surely help you in activating the GPRS. If you don’t know about Micromax service center you can also contact the service provider for Vodafone in most phones you have to simpy sms “GPRS” to the number of the service provider and you receive the settings automatically. Hope you get the setting soon.

Well, the service for Micromax phones simply suck. No clear information is given on the net about their call center number or service centers. I didn’t find anything on the net. But Vodafone has given some setting for automatically activating the sms. Try smsing “VL” to 52586 or “ACT PH” to 111 and see if it works. Well, it is different for different models so don’t know what applies to your cell phone. And yes for the model you have mentioned you can activate GPRS and use it to access the internet. So all you need to do is just sms it and get the setting.

Hey, I think the above tips are best and might work for you. Don’t know if smsing to Vodafone worked for you, but I read something on Vodafone site that if you want to activate the GPRS for a phone which is other than Nokia and Sony Erricson you will have to do it manually. For manual setting do the following –
    • Click ‘Settings’ and then ‘Connectivity’.
    • Then in the “access points” you have to “add profile”.
    • In the “connection title” type Vodafone_www
    • Leave the Username and Password blank