Thread: Unable to get station on Logitech Squeezebox Boom

Unable to get station on Logitech Squeezebox Boom

I am using Logitech Squeezebox Boom: a Wifi Radio. From the past few days I have been trying to get a station on it, except I’m not having whichever good fortune. The station is SmoothJazzNow as well as they stream within AAC+. I have not established SmoothJazzNow in a few of the databases. No reply from the station moreover. Is there any way to make this playable?

Re: Unable to get station on Logitech Squeezebox Boom

Are your players linked toward SBS server on top of your PC? Otherwise to MySB online (no PC)? If MySB, the Boom won't play whichever AAC station. If you are utilizing the SBS server the AAC will be without human intervention transcoded toward mp3 which the Boom afterward will be able to play. Radio plays AAC natively therefore it can play AAC on top of MySB.

You're really a bombastic sound, the boom in the name has its place, but a justification for its own software I do not see. Even your counterpart can normally access the network shares. I was frequently asked about the Squeezebox. It’s cool because all the music on the box with the sexy sound." Until I mentioned that we just needed special software. "But my NAS is not upgradeable to the Squeezebox server". My friend has a NAS from LG. This cannot expand it. But it speaks the common protocols.

When you start streaming, so it is good to reflect on future enlargements. So I immediately choose a NAS solution. It does not need the PC to be more continuous. However, it is a critical component, hence the comparison is significant here. I arrived at a QNAP 259 Pro, with a few relatively quiet and affordable Samsung drives. To reduce the risk of data loss excluded, they are in RAID 1 (mirror). In addition, I rely on a backup (always do!) On an external hard drive.

The user has the choice of the source from which the music should be played, the choice is yours. First there is the possibility of a free online account at SqueezeNetwork to create, which allows users access to thousands of Internet radio stations. Registration takes less than 5 minutes and then can be accessed directly from the Squeezebox on the radio stations. After powering up, the Squeezebox Boom takes about 5 seconds to sign up on the home network. Navigating through the radio library is simple and quick. By means of a highlighted (+) button, individual radio stations can be integrated into the favorites list.

The Squeezebox is Wi-Fi but can also be integrated with an Ethernet cable into the network, the connection for it is also found on the back. The integration of the existing wireless went quite smoothly from the stage. After the first time a menu takes you through the installation steps. First, the type of Internet connection (wired via Ethernet or wirelessly over WLAN) and are subsequently not entered a password (if any). The basic settings are now complete and you can access the Squeeze Network. Then, a large selection of preset Internet radio stations already offered. Like a radio station very well, a longer simply pressing one of six buttons below the display and the transmitter end up permanently in Favorites. Another function is to stream the music collection stored on a PC.