Thread: Asus Eee notebook is dead

Asus Eee notebook is dead

I have recently purchased Asus Eee notebook. Yesterday I had installed the latest firmware and put few files in the external sd card. It was working absolutely fine. I also rebooted till then everything was working. I don’t know what but I was doing something after which problem started. I was installing the phonebook application and the system got hanged. I pressed the reset button and after that my screen went blank. Well there is light on the power button. Also when I put the usb cable the orange light comes near the usb socket. It also doesn’t respond when I plug into the linux machine, the usb connection appears totally useless. There is no function of the reset button. I must say that the notebook is totally dead. What do I do?

Re: Asus Eee notebook is dead

Well I have read your post completely and I think you can follow doing this. If you have Windows bootable disk then insert it in your optical disk drive and see if you can boot your system. If yes, then may be your operating system installation has been corrupted. In such situation you can perform system repair and see if that helps. I think it could be that the phonebook application that you were installing was having virus or bugs. Make sure that whenever you install something it is not prone to virus

I suppose the problem lies with your hardware and you have to fiddle it around to check out the cause of the problem. I have gone through such a problem before so I think there is some hardware failure. I would recommend you to call the Asus guys, they will guide you properly. Well, before that try to remove the battery of your system. Reinstall it back and then try to restart. I hope this helps.

As far as I think there could be few reasons. The problem could be with your PSU or it is associated with your motherboard power circuit. Tell me what you were exactly doing. The problem can occur if your power supply unit is either dead or is almost on the way of dying. It may be not able to provide the required power to the system to get it powered. If possible then try to replace the power unit and see if that works.

Sometimes it happens that due to power outage the power circuit of the motherboard gets affected. In such case you are in trouble. There is no solution to this problem other than replacing the motherboard itself. Make sure you reconfirm about the cause of the problem before concluding about the problem. I am not sure what exactly could be the solution. As you are saying that you are not getting the boot screen also. I would suggest you to go to any hardware shop and tell them about the problem. I hope they will help you and come out with a solution.

Well by default every laptop works on battery power first. It takes the power from main unit if there is not enough current provided by the battery. May be your battery isn't having enough power to boot your system. So, charge up your laptop by connecting to power outlet to collect enough power. Once it is charged enough you can try out to boot to see if this works. If this doesn't work then try to replace the battery and see if you can turn on your laptop, may be the battery is fault.

Why don't you take the laptop to Asus support team to ask them to look into the matter? They will surely try to help you out and provide you some solution to this problem. It is the Asus who knows much about its products and they are the only one who can rectify the actual cause of the problem. If the laptop is in warranty then they could even fix the problem free of cost for you and if it isn't then they will put in front of you the cost and the option to fix this problem.