Thread: Which linux distro I can use for Asus eee pc 701

Which linux distro I can use for Asus eee pc 701

The entire I be familiar with is that I have comprised successfully utilized mutually Jupiter and EEE Control on my 4G, and come into view to capable to select dissimilar levels of presentation, which come into view to make programs run quicker or at least obviously alters the stable CPU temperature and fan speed/occurrence, which seems to designate with the intention of additional work is being completed. I have comprised not endeavor benchmarking the differences. Past a small number of week I tested few linux OS and come a cross OS, is the operating system collection through the Everex Cloudbook.

Re: Which linux distro I can use for Asus eee pc 701

In fact, no drivers were inaugurated for moreover wifi OR Ethernet, so I ditched it. Was attractive glitchy on my 701 anyway. Seemed similar to a pleasant idea, other than the OSX dock was the merely thing with the intention of impressed me at the entire. I think to facilitate is just presently wbar, a uncomplicated and light dock, it has extremely a small number of dependencies and be supposed to easily work in any distro. It is not as characteristic as Avant Window Navigator or Cairo Dock, other than it is a good light alternative. I do not imagine it even requirements compositing it does not.

I utilized windows unetbootin to generate a live usb installer to an 8gb pny stick and inaugurated this to my 8gb sdhc as a test. I completed 2 additional flash drive installers accidently deleted my 1st one so. And the additional for a friend to utilize on his 900 eee. In addition working enormous not convinced regarding unetbootin in the additional linux releases out there other than, crunchbang working with unetbootin creates usable linux flash boots each time for every release as long as it is linux.

Even though I have encompassed a utilize for those virtual apparatus emu's. I not be able to even install windows 7 beta in "real mode" as it merely installs to a "c-drive" and 4gb would not cut it other than, I acquire the "win 7 experience intalling and working with commencing from a virtual hd from the "crunch-xvmbox combo" as well as setting to complete host root. The entire physical drives. To a xvmbox file share having a windows with the intention of be able to have right of entry the entire drives to facilitate the linux host has. Utilizing an Asus eee 701 then run with the intention of installed os commencing from a friends gateway x64, my 900 eee, or even an additional friends to a certain extent obsolete 733mhz p3 desktop pc.

I borrow with the intention of clip art commencing from MS office approximately the turn of the millennium, cropped, rotated and colored it and has utilized it in view of the fact that on various boards and additional places. As always I am frightened through their work and the easy to utilize DE. On the other hand, the Mint team has at present topped it the entire (imho) through their most recent version or description called LMDE which is pedestal on a rolling distro of debian testing as an alternative of Ubuntu. So I began to do a number of investigate and decided to give it a go. There's even an XFCE version or description for those necessitate less bloat than the Gnome version.

It does have comprised a to a certain extent higher learning curve, other than it is positively simple and lightweight depending on which window administrator you decide, if several. There is a superior hold up for the discussion and wiki pages to assist you install it. There are packages with the intention of be able to be installed to facilitate sustain or maintain powerful network authentication methods. My uni uses them, and it's a moderately convoluted modus operandi to setup in windows vista, other than quite simple for arch / linux if you be familiar with the entire the required parameters for the network protocols. Additional than, if you are not too keen on utilizing the terminal for the whole thing.