Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Touch screen not working on HP Touchsmart 500 but windows still working

Portable Devices

Old 10-08-2011

Touch screen not working on HP Touchsmart 500 but windows still working

I have bought the HP Touchsmart 500 and under that I have installed the windows XP operating system. Everything working fine on system but mine system not working properly and I am not able to work on the system due to the touch screen. From last one week mine system touch screen not working at all. Now I don?t what to do and how to get ride the issue. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Old 10-08-2011

Re: Touch screen not working on HP Touchsmart 500 but windows still working

Have you tried to run the windows updated on your system and I would like to suggest you to make windows update and after that you?re able to solve the issue. First connect the mouse on your system and after that click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the control panel. Now on the control panel make double click on the windows updated and after that make click on the check for the updated and after that install it on your system.
Old 10-08-2011

Make use of the HP Hardware Diagnostics and then your issue will get solved. go to the start and after that click on the all programs. Now on the all program go to the PC Help & Tools and after that click on the Hardware Diagnostic Tools. Now you will get the Hardware Diagnostic Tools windows and after that click on the ok button and after that follow the steps given under that. I hope so this will help you to solve the issue.
Old 10-08-2011

I think you might uninstall the touchscreen Driver and after that install it aging and after that your able to solve the issue. as you said that you?re not able to make use of the touchscreen and so therefore I would like to suggest you the following steps: first make click on the windows key and R key. Now you will get the run application and under that type: devmgmt.msc and after that click on the enter. Now you will get the device manger and under that expand the Human Interface Devices and after that uninstall the touchscreen and after that install the touchscreen again and after that you can solve the issue.
Old 10-08-2011

Even I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I have gone through the lots of suggestion to get ride the issue but nothing worked to solve the issues and finally I have made contact with the support and after that they have solved mine issue and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make contact with the HP support and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you to solve the issue.
Old 12-08-2011

If above solution doesn?t help you to get ride the issue and after that I assume you need to make repair your operating system and after that you issue will get solved. To repair your operating system you need to have installation CD of the operating system. First insert the installation CD and after that reboot the system. While restarting system your system will boot the DVD and after that follow the steps given under that and after that let me know the issue.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,