Thread: Optical drive of Asus eee pc 1501P does not accept windows CD

Optical drive of Asus eee pc 1501P does not accept windows CD

Hello friends I have recently bought Asus eee pc 1501P computer and I have bought this without an operating system. Now when I tried to install the windows vista operating system in this at that time Optical drive of Asus eee pc 1501P does not accept windows CD. Is there anything wrong with optical drive or another thing is causing this problem. Please give me some solution regarding this. Thank you in advance.

Re: Optical drive of Asus eee pc 1501P does not accept windows CD

As you have said that you computer is not able to read the operating system CD then I would like to tell you that have you different operating system CD with your Asus eee pc 1501P because if the operating system CD which you are trying is faulty then you won’t be able to install the windows vista in your computer. Try any other CD with your Asus eee pc 1501P after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

I will first tell you that check in your BIOS setting that your optical drive is selected as the first boot or not? if is not set as the first boot then I think that is why you are facing this problem with your Asus eee pc 1501P. if you want to solve this problem then you have to first select your optical drive as the first boot and after that try to install the operating system In your computer. I hope after doing that you will be able to install the operating system in your Asus eee pc 1501P.

Well after reading your problem I will recommend you that try to install the operating system by using the USB flash drive. In my computer I was also having the same issue and after that I have tried so many tricks to solve this issue but after that also I was having the same issue and after that my friend give me the bootable flash drive and after that I have installed the operating system from that drive and my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

Well if you don’t know how to make the bootable USB flash drive then I will help you with this. First you have to copy the image file of the operating system CD in any other laptop or computer and after that you have to download UNetbootin from internet and after dong that you have to insert your USB drive in your computer and after that you have to run the UNetbootin and then select the image file of your operating system and after that click on ok. Now doing that you will be able to use your USB flash drive to install the OS in your Asus eee pc 1501P.

I have tried different CD to install the operating system in my Asus eee pc 1501P and after doing that also I was getting the same issue with my computer. Now after that I have checked my BIOS setting also and all the setting was proper there. Now after that I have also tried to install the operating system from USB flash drive by following above steps but that doesn’t make any difference. Now please tell me how to fix this.

After trying making the USB flash drive if you are still not manage to install the operating system in your Asus eee pc 1501P then I think there might be something wrong with your Asus eee pc 1501P and you have to first visit the Asus service center and after that you have to tell your problem. now after that they will fix your all the problems. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.