Thread: CD/DVD not reading in my HP TouchSmart 300-1125

CD/DVD not reading in my HP TouchSmart 300-1125

Hi friends, I am using HP touchsmart 300-1125. It was working fine, but before few days, it is not detecting the CD/DVD disc. It is not reading any disc that I put in the DVD ROM. On my computer when I am trying to open the CD/DVD, then it gives error as ‘drive is empty’ but it CD/DVD ROM makes the sound like it is trying to detect the CD/DVD. I am putting my problem here to know that is anyone have the same problem? How to deal with this problem, I am waiting for your response.

Re: CD/DVD not reading in my HP TouchSmart 300-1125

If your CD/DVD drive is not reading any DVD/CD then drive might be dirty or may have failed. I am also using CD/DVD drive in my computer, I run the DVD/CD cleaner disc for cleaning my drive. I will suggest you to use the DVD/CD cleaner disc for cleaning your disc drive. Some of the users don’t agree with using disc cleaner but I uses that and still my disc drive working fine. Clean your DVD/CD dust using the cleaner disc and then try to use the CD/DVD again.

If your disc drives making sound but not reading DVD/CD disc then I will suggest you to read the HP.com's troubleshooting guide. I am sure that it will help you a lot in your problem solving. If you are again getting the same problem then try for the Microsoft Fix. I was having the similar problem as you have, I tried for the Microsoft Fix, it helps me lot and finally I fix my problem and my drive start working properly. Better for you to go with the troubleshooting guide.

I will recommend you to use the different DVD/CD disc with your drive, also try to use the new DVD/CD. This issue may also caused by the dirty lenses, it may happens that lens of your DVD/CD drive is failed and not working properly. So try to r replace your DVD/CD lens or try to replace the entire drive. Use the DVD disc cleaner disc and try it again. I am using DVD disc cleaner for the last few months, and my DVD drive is working fine.

Your DVD/CD drive is not detecting any DVD/CD disc then you might be needed to check the DVD region code. To check the DVD code you can visit on the control panel, then click on the system > device manager. And finally right click on the DVD ROM drive and you will get the DVD codes on the properties. Or it might happens that your DVD drive is not supporting your DVD/CD format, if so then try to install the codecs for supporting the files on your DVD/CD drive.

I will suggest you to use the Microsoft Fix your problem, if you dint want to use the Microsoft Fix then try to clear the upper and lower registry filters yourself. It will help you to detect your missing CD/DVD drive, or if it not detects any CD/DVD disc. Before clearing the upper and lower registry filters, unplug the entire non-essential external plug and then try for clearing the filters. After clearing, close the registry editor and restart your computer. Then you ma need to reinstall your CD/DVD writing software, then insert the DVD/CD disc in the drive. It will now detect your DVD/CD disc.