Thread: How can I disable standby or sleep mode for my EEE PC 70x?

How can I disable standby or sleep mode for my EEE PC 70x?

I was thinking that if any one might know how to disable the standby or the sleep mode (standard hibernation mode) for EEE PC 70x, where the monitor/screen goes off and have click/touch the pad to switch on the screen/monitor. I worked in a computer store and we are selling the 2G surf which is on the display. I only want that my screen should maintain as it is, when plugged to the AC adapter and no battery connected. Is this possible? Your help will be very much appreciated by me. I forgot to add, it is Linux Operating System which comes with the PC itself.

Re: How can I disable standby or sleep mode for my EEE PC 70x?

Well there are steps which you can follow and do it to make it happen, the steps are been mentioned below:

• First go on to your desktop and then just right click on the desktop.
    • When you right click on the desktop then you will see some option, in that option select the ‘properties’ option.
    • When you select the properties option, a window will open, in that window select the screen saver tap in that window.
    • When you select the screen saver tab then select the power button which is located right side above the Ok and cancel button.
    • When you select the power button then select option of the ‘monitor switch off’ and set to never which is in the option as u scroll down and/or the ‘standby’ option to never.

Try this; I hope it might help you.

Actually that is for Windows not for Linux operating system as per according to your question. You should actual do is that you go to the ‘setting’ tab of your computer. When you reached inside your setting tab, then click on the Personalization icon which seen in that window. When you clicked the Personalization icon just unlocked the checkbox for the ‘Turn off display after 5 minutes’ for the disable. I hope it help you out.

I just want add over her that when unlocked the ‘Turn off display after 5 minutes’ for disable, it only known as the screen saver or the timeout or something related to it. The System works on the low power state, when you press the power button and also choosing standby mode. The computer basically shut as it saves the RAM contents on the Hard Disk, so that you can get all when you return back to your system this is known as Hibernate. Anyways, as your question for that you can do from the setting tab. Hibernation does not survive in Linux EEE by default; the sleep mode also can be disabled, until you have a appropriate reason to do so. Good luck!!!

Well I still not get the way how to disable the Hibernation. And I want to use the EEE 701 in the Linux operating system, and for that I needed to keep it on for all the time whether I am using it or not. It automatically goes into sleep mode after 20 minutes, which I don’t want it to happen. Please help as I am not getting it properly.