Thread: How to do Factory Settings on Eee Pc 900 with Windows XP

How to do Factory Settings on Eee Pc 900 with Windows XP

Well I my using an Asus XP EEE PC 900, I want to recover to the factor setting as it was when I have brought when it was brand new. I want it to work as it was working when it was brand new. I want to do it without using no CD drive connects to it, so how can I do it? If you people has early have seen this post then sorry for that but I could not find out the solution for doing it. Please help to recover my PC and how can I do?

Re: How to do Factory Settings on Eee Pc 900 with Windows XP

Well I was also having same kind of problem last week with PC, such that my 900 had started to show blue – screen whenever I start my PC and I was unable to fix it without reinstalling it. I tried many ways to work it such as copying file from DVD to an SD card to an USB thumb drive, but none of them have worked for me.

Then I was thinking to go and buy a USB DVD drive, when I was having the Brainwave – I have got many of the USB hard disk caddies which support the IDE drivers, so I took one amongst them apart and plug it into the one of the IDE DVD drivers from my PC rather than inserting in the HDD. It looks a bit of lash-up, but I had plugged it into EEE and also inserted the recovery DVD and just cross the fingers…..but it worked perfectly. If you don’t have the USB DVD drive, but you have the USB disk caddy, then try the USB caddy, it is much cheaper.

Actually it works with the CDs which you get along with your computer when you buy them brand new. You use both the CDs and also read the user guide manual which is also given with the computer, try it and fix it to work it on your EEE. I have also tried that same way, I was also having the CDs with me, but I had given a lot of try to fix the problem, as I was trying it the problem got solved, it has worked for me.

Actually I was also having the same problem I was bit frustrated with that problem. Then after some time I stop to try and gone down to the local staple shop to buy a external USB DVD drive. I got into the store and buy the cheap USB DVD drive which was on the sale in the store. Then I came back up and it took me around 5 – 7 minutes to do the recovery work. Now I have just set it all again for the system.

Actually the recovery procedure has just gone fine, but the Master Boot Record (MBR) has just screw up, it has got trashed before I do the recovery. The recovery has install the XP and it is working fine also, but the boot procedure is been stuck by the Master Boot Record (MBR) which is bad. The Master Boot Record (MBR) cannot be restored with XP recovery partition also. How can I recover my Master Boot Record (MBR)?