Thread: HP TouchSmart IQ820 freezes and many a times won't restart

HP TouchSmart IQ820 freezes and many a times won't restart

I have just purchased a new pc that has a configuration enough to run normal softwrte so , but then too I am having the same problem but , t he new Touchsmart iq820 just freezes a lot does any one know s what problem does it have as that would be much better for me , i ha ve been trying out everything that was possible from my side and that made this even more difficult as i have no other way out here .

Re: HP TouchSmart IQ820 freezes and many a times won't restart

You have to change the SATA CABLE its red and you have to change it to a good new one The cable runs along inside the touchsmart and gets hot sometimes and is bad quality.The problem is you have to unscrew your Touchsmart if you want i can send you pics how it looksi did it myself and let cable on the outside running to the harddisk.All my Problems went away No freezing since i changed the cable

Why are you working so hard in making this more complicated then it shouldn't be? All this trying to boot from the USB hard drive is not a good use of your time. What was wrong with the very clear and simple suggestion of buy a new HD, put it in the system, use your Recovery DVD discs to make the system like new. gnore old hard drive FOR NOW. Then toss that sick drive into a cheap USB external enclosure and pull the data off of it.

I don't know how much more about his so i can say this, you basically go to HP.com and opt for your you country, go to support, plug in the model number, and pick the operating system, the Touch smart applications will be scheduled there for download.As far as Touchsmart 2.0, you have believed you have Windows 7, that resources you could do with the Touchsmart 3.0 software, and that will be offered to you in hold up.It is well significance departing throughout the procedure online, in those same pages wherever you download the software, to array a set of the recuperation media.

Unfortunatly substitute the sata cable did not help. turn out the exterior hard disk power I was by means of, is now the predicament. The equivalent external power that opportunity saved me from throwing the IQ504 away, for the reason that the standard power to the Hard disk is vanished. in reality one year and ten days after I purchase it. So i guess that would be a better option for you .

anyhow, the Hard disk worked fine in an other machine, the red sata on or after the HP TouchSmart also. position on only the external power made it go away fanatical, with wierd noises. So I enclose to purchase yet an additional external sata power adapter, for the reason that I didn't discover a explanation for the failing power by means of the motherboard.

I have tried all the suggestion that you have given to me , I have been having some there are many things that work out here so I have now decided to have an visit on the company ‘s service center , and get this repaired from then , as they would do that more accurately and correctly , but any ways , thanks for all the replies that you have given to me ,