Thread: Is Lenovo ThinkPad x120e a good business laptop?

Is Lenovo ThinkPad x120e a good business laptop?

I am looking for a laptop which can suffice my work needs and should support windows 7 as i work on applications which work best on windows. Have been through a lot of models but the more I go through the different models the more confused I become. I think I need some professional advice. My budget is around 400$. Don’t mind in shelling out 50$ more but it should be worth it! I like the Lenovo Think Pad x120e but I’ am a bit skeptical about buying a Lenovo, but I liked the laptop personally. Hence I want help in removing my confusion!

Re: Is Lenovo ThinkPad x120e a good business laptop?

If you’re a manager in some high profile IT Company than the design of Lenovo ThinkPad x120e will surely mesmerize you, as the X120e has carved a niche of corporate banality. A perfect for office use but if you are the one who finds vibrant colors, patterns, and glossy finishes attractive than it’s a bit tad for you. The good part of X120e is that you can simultaneously stream video and audio content to the latest flat-panel displays, which you can't do with VGA. It has 320GB of hard drive, 1.6 GHz AMD E-350processor, 4GB of DDR3 Ram memory and 4 hours and 56 minutes of battery life. You can also configure the X120e with mobile broadband or 3G wireless services. It’s quite a configuration for a Notebook.

You might also want to check “HP Pavilion dm1z” and the “Toshiba Portege R835-P56X”. Both are quite impressive. Whereas HP Pavilion dm1z is the first laptop to offer AMD's power-efficient Fusion processors and it delivers quiet well on its promise, combining great battery life, decent performance, and basic graphics for less than $400 is very exciting and makes it a go getter and it falls in your price category whereas Toshiba Portege R835-P56X is quite expensive but its worth the price as it has a display of 13.3 in LED backlight TruBrite TFT active matrix 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) - 16:9, 2nd Gen Core i5 Intel processor, 640 GB - Serial ATA-300 Hard drive , that’s way ahead of the competitors n the same segment

If you’re looking for business purpose than I would suggest you Lenovo ThinkPad x120e it’s quite impressive I’ am personally using it and earned me quite a respect at my work place. I can do streaming of video and audio content without any Hassel. The battery life is also very good a single charge gets you a battery life of 4hours and 30minutes and does not heat up very much even with a constant play of 4 hours. The graphics or the 3D game play is also very good I play POP two thrones on it and it works without any error.

You said suffice your work needs! Work needs on what work are you going to require from your laptop that depends on what you actually do. I’ am a software developer I work on various software’s hence I have installed quite a heavy applications on my laptop Toshiba Portege R835-P56X I can definitely tell you that it is hands on a good product as if your working on some heavy software’s or graphics than you need a machine which can handle it and by far Toshiba has proven its mettle to me.

Thank you for your suggestion my work involves lot of video streaming and I do work on heavy applications to edit those videos but for my major official work I depend on my iMac it really is the best computer but I was looking for a cheap alternative notebook to work on a few details while on the go, I did go online to have a look at the Toshiba and the HP one I kind like the HP but if you compare it with Lenovo then its quite the looser. Whereas, I find Lenovo better than its competitors available in the same price category.