Thread: Suggestion to buy Himedia HD600 Media Player

Suggestion to buy Himedia HD600 Media Player

I want to buy any Media Player for me and I am thinking to get the Himedia HD600 Media Player. But before going to purchase that, I think it will be better for me to have some idea from the users who are already using that and this is the best source to do that. So I am posting this over here so that if any of the users is having anything to suggest or inform about this then please post that here. I will glad to have suggestion for this.

Re: Suggestion to buy Himedia HD600 Media Player

I liked the color of this very much. I bought this recently so cannot comment much. It is able to run the 12+GB 1080p MKV file without any problem. It is having the subtitle option as well which is very helpful. But it is also having a little ghosting problem but I think that it will be also resolved in the upcoming firmware of this. I used that for about two hours and then also temperature of that was below 45 degree and so it is not having the heat problem as well.

I found that the Online streaming from the QQlive as well as Youku is a bit slow but I am unsure that it is ordinary for this or not. Other than this, all things are running very smooth. Once I did some changes to the settings and saved that but after that I found that the drama image freezes and it hangs at the start. So it should also be resolved in the future firmware update. Let’s see that if they will release the resolved firmware for this soon or not.

I would like to tell you that the built in web browser a bit difficult to navigate through the remote but it is probable and I am told that it can be also handled by means of wired as well as wireless keyboard and mouse. I am mostly using this unit like a pvr and media player therefore I possibly won’t make use of this function greatly but it is nice to encompass that. The web portal is functioning well from what I have seen up to now. This is also enormous for you tube.

You can also make use of the BT in this. I have recently discovered that. If you want to do that then you will have to go through the steps below.
    1. First of all, go to setup>network and from there activate Samba and BT.
    2. Now open the Network Info and then verify IP address of HD600A.
    3. Open the PC internet browser and insert the IP address.
    4. This will open the login screen and the default login/password is admin/123.
    5. Now, you will be able to do your BT download settings and put the .torrent files.

BT works well and has successfully downloaded a file. I am not a BT fan and it’s been over 5 yrs that I finally utilized BT but getting it to finish up HD600A is straightforward enough. I don't have a considerable number of RMVB, but the 10+ RMVB I'd tested all sound and that played easily. I do not have any ISO to attempt, but I think there's some issue with DVD ISO.

Connect to HDD via SATA reciprocity the alternate day, no arranging is needed. The existing records on the HDD played without any situation. There's likewise a .Theater organizer and .part record put in the space apparatus that works toward getting attached to HD600A. Samba works OK, can access space gadget joined to HD600A from Win7 PC without any situation. At some time ought to restart player to recognize "Venus" (HD600A offered space).