Thread: Sony Vaio, M series car charger

Sony Vaio, M series car charger

Here I have a question about Sony Vaio M series netbook. As someday most of the time I spend in travelling and at that time generally my laptops battery goes off. Now as I am going to get a Netbook (Sony Vaio M series), I want to know that, if it’s necessary, then can I buy a car charger for it. Actually I will not buy a car charger if it’s battery will last for at least 8 hour. And I would like to know that, will its battery last for more than 8 hours, if I will keep it on standby mode with its lid down?

Re: Sony Vaio, M series car charger

If you want a car charger for your Sony Vaio M series netbook, then I think I can provide you with some help here. There are many netbook car adapters are available in market. You can buy one for your netbook from any website which sells car adapters of your netbook models. But they will not be a genuine Sony parts. So try search if Sony provides such product for their netbook’s and if it’s available then go for it.

Yes you can buy a car charger for your laptop for sure. But if in case you can you are not able to find any car adapters for your Sony Vaio M Series netbook, then there is another product which you can use for charging you netbook in your car. You can use a DC/AC power inverter, instead of car chargers. And nowadays they are coming in compact form and also the cost will be nearly same as the car chargers. It can do approximately the same job.

Here I want add something on the basis of what I know about Sony Vaio netbooks. You can buy any of the above two products, but as you said you would not like to buy any of them if your notebook’s power lasts for more than 8 hours, I will suggest you that you don’t need them actually. As far as I know All Sony Vaio netbooks lasts for 8 hours on an average. And I you keep them in standby mode and its lid down then you can surely use them at least for 8 hours.