Thread: Sony VGC-RT 2SY system not restarting after upgrading ram

Sony VGC-RT 2SY system not restarting after upgrading ram

I have a Sony VGC-RT 2SY system at my place. Recently I have added additional RAM of 2x 4GB modules 800 mhz SD DIMM DDR2. Since I have installed it from that time my system is not booting. I have checked the Ram type with the manufacturer and it is absolutely fine. I have installed the RAM one by one but still it didn’t work. I don’t know what’s wrong? I have tried to install those RAM’s in my laptop and let me tell you that there it worked. Any suggestions given under this post would be highly appreciated.

Re: Sony VGC-RT 2SY system not restarting after upgrading ram

I think the problem is with the RAM slot. How is it working with the default ram. I think there is some hardware failure in the system. I would ask you to take the system to the hardware shop and ask them to get them fixed. I had the same problem and I had to take it to the hardware shop and later it became fine. If it doesn’t get fine even after that then there must be some problems related to the battery, power supply or may be there could be some compatibility issues.

It seems that your system was functioning appropriately before upgrading the RAM memory. So there would be some issue with RAM memory. May be you have not installed RAM properly. So check that it is setup suitably such that all chips maps each other. The other thing might be that RAM module is not compatible, so verify that it is the upgraded one which you were having before.

Well I would ask you to enter into the BIOS on boot up and notice if the HDD and/or the memory are identified over there. During this make definitely you have nothing besides plugged in when starting up; i.e., no peripherals, no externals. The other thing includes is the RAM that could be bad. Attach it in other supported device also aim exchanging the socket than the previous one. Last thing that you can try doing is installing the new operating system or the old one freshly.

I think the HDD of the pc has gone bad due to which it is not able to boot the system. If the hard drive of the computer develops a fault then the laptop will not be able to start with the OS. There are many HDD analytical tools which can be used to find if there are any issues with the HDD. Download one such diagnostic tool and run all its tests on the hard drive. If there are any faults with the hard drive which cannot be solved then you will have to replace the hard drive.

I think you should install proper drivers of the pc and try booting the system again. If you have the drivers for the pc then it’s good. You just need to install them and try restarting them. But if you don’t then I think you need to download the drivers from the internet. You can start searching the drivers on the internet by googling on internet. I hope my suggestions are helpful to you.

I think the problem is happening because of the residual charge layed up near the RAM chips. If this problem then the system will not be able to access the RAM chips. If the system is not capable to access the system RAM, then you will be able to load the operating system. So, to eliminate the residual indict of the laptop, shut your system and try to disconnect the AC supply. Then detach the system battery. Cleave power key for about 25 sec and again attach the battery and then try to start the system.