Thread: Unable to charge ipad/ipad2 with USB ports

Unable to charge ipad/ipad2 with USB ports

I have a computer at my home with Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard. I also have a ipad which I charge using the usb ports of the computer but recently I was trying to charge my ipad connecting the usb ports but it didn’t get charged. I think my Usb port of the computer is fine as I am able to charge my iphone. But I can’t understand why I am not able to charge my ipad. I have used a voltmeter and its giving out 5.04V.i also has a Macbook pro. It charges using that usb port very well. I checked the power of my Macbook pro and it is releasing a power of 5.14v. I don’t know what is happening? Kindly suggest

Re: Unable to charge ipad/ipad2 with USB ports

After reading your post I would suggest you to try to keep the screen of the ipad off and then try to charge. May be because of that it is not charging. Most of the usb ports are low power ports and you must be having that one. It should charge the ipad if the screen is off. Sometimes you might get a message like not charging but it is actually charging when the screen is off. The charging could be slow but no problem. It could be like it is charging about 10% in an hour.

Well I had this problem too. I thought it was my usb port problem because I had nothing else to try with the port. I changed my ports. I took my computer to the hardware shop and then they replaced the usb ports. I spent a lot on the replacement thing. I got my computer back and I tried to charge but unfortunately that problem didn’t go. I tried to charge my ipad connecting the usb port but nothing worked out. Then somebody told me that my ipad is corrupted and I need to sell it.

Actually an ipad requires a high power usb ports to charge. As far as I think the power bricks that come with an iPad are 10 watt power supplies vrs the 5 watt power supplies that come with iPods/iPhones. I think your PC motherboard doesn’t support the higher power requirements that are needed to charge an ipad. I would suggest you to charge the ipad using a power brick. I hope my suggestions are helpful to you.

I had a computer and an ipad. My computer was pretty old one. Even I used to have the same problem as you are saying. I was having usb 2.0 port. As I know these ports are low power ports. They are not able to charge an ipad. You need to upgrade the port. Please tell me what message do you get when try to charge your ipad with the usb port. Also mention is it 2.0 usb port. You can add more details and post it in the forum so that you get more suggestions.

Well I would say that make sure that your ipad is in sleep mode before charging. If you’re I pad is not on the sleep mode then definitely you will face some charging problems. Also make sure that your computer is on while you are charging your ipad using usb port. Remember that if you have your ipad is connected to the computer and your computer is switched off then your ipad is likely to drain the battery.

I think you should try this one. Download Asus Ai charger by visiting the official website. The advantage with Asus charger is that it will also charge 50% faster. I have that this charger turns any PC into a flexible power-up station through a simple usb connector. For the compatibility issues and configuration requirements I think you need to visit the official website found on the internet. I hope this helps.