Thread: Sony Vaio VGN NR21Z laptop won’t boot normally

Sony Vaio VGN NR21Z laptop won’t boot normally

I have Sony Vaio VGN NR21Z with me form 6 months. Its runs perfectly without any issue with it. But now it is giving some problem. I don’t know why it is happening. When I start the laptop it boot up with the blue line which is running horizontally down the screen. Then after some time screen got blank and fails to start up windows. If I boot in the safe mode then it runs perfectly. From safe mode if I disabled the graphics it and if now I try to run windows normally then it runs perfectly without any problem. But at certain resolution only and not at what it need to be. If I enabled the graphics again it is giving same problem again does anyone have solution to solve this issue.

Re: Sony Vaio VGN NR21Z laptop won’t boot normally

I have Sony Vaio VGN NR21Z. And I am also facing same problem few days back. In my case I can’t able to figure out the problem at first time. Then I have searched the net for solution. Mainly it is the problem with the graphics card drivers itself. Drivers may be corrupted. So I am suggesting you to remove your graphics drivers. It has nvidia graphics with it. So visit the nvidia or sony site to get the latest drivers for the graphics card. After downloading install the drivers before installing please restart the laptop as well as after the installation finishes restart the laptop again. The laptop will works perfectly after that.

You specified the problem which is caused to my friend also. Whenever he starts the laptop it won’t starts up but of the hardware accelerator is off then it is running perfectly for it. So we found the solution for it. You can also try this to resolve this problem. I am thinking that this problem occurs due to the bad installation of windows or some files of windows get deleted or the some files of drivers get deleted. So I am suggesting you to remove the windows completely and try to install the fresh copy of the windows in it. Now after completion of windows installation. Install all the drivers and software which are necessary.

I think its problem with the hardware itself. There can be problem with the graphics card since the display is not coming when acceleration is turned on. Try to check it again with the acceleration turned on. If it’s not running then it is happening due to the overheating of the graphics card. Since its reaching the threshold and for safety it’s getting shut down. I will suggest you to check that that nothing is heating up. Check if there is no dust on the exhaust fans of laptop if it has dust then try to remove it.

I have faced such a problem with my laptop but its s series laptop. Actually the problem is with the defective hardware in the laptop like graphics. So try to contact the service center. Or customer care. They will provide some support regarding the problem. As I know it’s the known issue for Sony Vaio VGN NR21Z many of the people who have this laptop has same problem. And as I know Sony providing replacement for this series laptop which up to 4 years old. So try to contact the customer care or visit service center. If you are thinking that they will never replace it since the warranty gets expired then you are thinking wrong.

I have contacted the customer care. And told them about the problem I am facing while booting up windows. So customer care person told me to visit the service center and told me that it is known issue with laptop. So now I am visiting the service center. I hope they will replace the laptop .thanks for providing the help.