Thread: Hard to switch graphics with some applications in Sony Vaio C series

Hard to switch graphics with some applications in Sony Vaio C series

I have the laptop but it old enough so I want to buy new one. I am interested in buying sony vaio series laptop. I want to buy the c series. The review of the laptop is good. So I need this one only but before I need view of you. My many friends and some people told me that the laptop has some problems while switching the graphics between with some games and application. It’s this true. I need more information regarding this. I need more information regarding the problem.

Re: Hard to switch graphics with some applications in Sony Vaio C series

I have purchased the sony vaio c series laptop few days back. I haven’t faced such a problem with it till now. Laptop works perfectly for me. The graphics will be switching automatically in it. if we are using the laptop which doesn’t requires graphics then it will select the discreet graphics and when we run the application which requires more resources graphics will automatically move to the advance . I am able to play any game with it without any issue.

I have sony vaio c series laptop.which I have purchased few months back. And my experience with it is really bad. The switchable graphics is not working for me at all for many of the games and applications. As per my information it can’t supports opengl to do auto switch. When I tried to run such a applications it uses default Intel graphics and due to that I can able to run the applications. So I can confirm that the application which uses opengl cannot be working with this laptop.

I am also having this problem with Sony vaio c series laptop. It has AMD graphics available in it. I have angry bird game. This is actually using opengl 2. And still it is not running so as per my information it is not using the AMD graphics since AMD supports up to version 4 of opengl and using intel default graphics which has no support for opengl. And cant able to switch to the AMD. When I launch the game it is giving error that OpenGL2.0 renderer not supported. so laptop have some problem with the switching so I will suggest you not to by it till the solution will be available.

I have seen same issue which is happening to me also with my Sony vaio laptop. I also can’t able to switch the graphics. The only problem is with the opengl itself but I am thinking that since the graphics is not switching correctly it has to be problem related with BIOS itself. So we have to wait for the bios update to be launched for the laptop. Since the hp laptop also facing such a problem of switching the graphics they have launched the latest bios for their laptops.

Thanks for providing information about the sony vaio c series laptop. So after reading all the replies. I can say that the there is the problem of switching in this laptop. And the problem is not yet resolved. So I am decided not to buy the laptop till there will be any solution for the laptop or any bios update. I think some of their laptops in this series has such a problem.