Thread: orange light constantly flashing in sony vaio VPCJ11M1E laptop

orange light constantly flashing in sony vaio VPCJ11M1E laptop

I have purchased the new Sony vaio laptop for my personal use. The working of the device is fine. But the problem is related to orange light which is constantly flashing on my laptop. I can’t understand the purpose of this light. I even don’t know it is a feature or fault in my device. The model is of Sony vaio VPCJ11M1E and its performance is also good. This device is only 10 days old and get this kind of problem. I can’t do anything to stop that orange light appearing in the device. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: orange light constantly flashing in sony vaio VPCJ11M1E laptop

I read your description and come to know that you have some serious issue about the system firmware. Actually the orange light indicates that something is being read from or something is written to the hard drive of your system. Means that the light signaling the hard drive related issue. The light is flashing because your system is doing something. So please check out whether any operation is performed on your system or not during the flashing of light. I also want to give you some instructions to never put your computer in to the sleep mode or turn off the computer when the light is flashing.

As you mentioned that the orange light is flashing on your device. But I want to tell you please don’t worry about that because its not a problem at all. It normal thing for the HDD light to flash during your Sony vaio laptop is on. And this will vary depending on what you are doing on your system. Hope this will be helpful to you for solving your problem.

This problem sounds like HDD issue. So there are various options available by the use of that you can find out the reason of the problem and then you can solve that easily. I think your video driver also may messed up. So you can try to start the pc in the safe mode. This can be done by pressing F8 key during the boot up and keep hitting that key until you get the safe mode on your screen. Then you have to uninstall your video driver and any other software related to that video card and then try to reboot the system. In this way you can fix your problem.

You can also try some other methods to boot in the safe mode and can solve the error. Here I am giving you some idea for that. For this kind of problem you have to go in the safe mode and then enable the network option. The way for this is very easy. You can use the start-run-msconfig-boot-safemode with networking enabled. And for run that in the normal mode do the same thing and uncheck the option. In this way you can solve your problem and get rid of it.

Your problem may be related to card failure. So please keep the card always dust free and blow out the case with canned air. Or for that you can also use the air compressor. After reaching in the safe mode you have to go to the manufacturer website. If you have the onboard then you can try to get the driver form Sony. It is depended upon what kind of display adopter you are using. I have this much of information.

You have mentioned that your device is very new. So you definitely got the warrantee with that. So please try to consult your engineer about this issue and take a replacement for your device from the Sony Company. This can give you more comfort. You can also try to repair your device from Sony customer care office they definitely provide support to solve your problem. Because Sony always try to reduce their complaints by repairing them as soon as possible.