Thread: Blue Screen of Death occurs when HDMI cable is connected to Sony Vaio VPCCB2S1E

Blue Screen of Death occurs when HDMI cable is connected to Sony Vaio VPCCB2S1E

I have purchased the Sony vaio VPCCB2S1E which is s series notebook.
    Configuration of my notebook
    • CPU: Intel Core i5-2410M (2.30 GHz / 2.90 GHz, 2 core, 3 MB L3 CACHE )
    • RAM: 4 GB DDR3-1333.
    • Garphics : AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1 GB DDR3.
    • SCREEN: LCD Led 15.5” 16:9 (Full HD 1920x1080).
    I am facing problem with it. Whenever I try to connect HDMI cable I am receiving blue screen of death. What is the problem can anyone provide me the solution for it.

Re: Blue Screen of Death occurs when HDMI cable is connected to Sony Vaio VPCCB2S1E

Same problem as you specified is happening with me also. I have purchased Sony Vaio VPCCB2S1E few days back. Whenever I try to connect it using the HDMI cable to the external monitor the blue screen of death has been occurring. But I found out the solution to come out of this problem. So try this while connecting the monitor. Lower the resolution of both the monitors it. Now try to run the notebook. It will be running at the lower resolution. If you try to change the resolution to any of those screens will cause the blue screen of death again.

Re: Blue Screen of Death occurs when HDMI cable is connected to Sony Vaio VPCCB2S1E

I have faced same problem with my Sony Vaio notebook also. So I tried this solution which works for me. When I faced this problem. I have searched over the net about it. So I have removed the windows itself since I am thinking the problem is due to it. So I have installed the fresh copy of the windows on notebook. And installed all the graphics and other drivers to it again and then tried to connect to the hdmi cable to the notebook. And no crash and blue screen of death. So re installing windows may resolve the issue you are facing.

Same problem occurs with my notebook also when I have connected it to hdmi cable it will shows the blue screen of death. As per May information I t can be due to the bad drivers for your graphics. Which is causing such aproblem? So try to remove the drivers of graphics card. You are using the windows 7 as per my information. Download the latest drivers for your graphics card. And install it to system. Before checking anything please restart the notebook. Now check the notebook. Connect hdmi cable it will never cause you any problem now.

I have faced such a problem with my notebook also. hdmi cable is causing the crash and showing blue screen of death. So I have contacted regarding the problem to the customer care. I told them actually what problem I am facing. The customer care told me that you have to take the notebook to service center. So I have taken it to service center, service center checked it for the problem. And they found that there is hardware problem in it. The graphics card in it is faulty one. So they replaced it and now it works perfectly.

I have sony vaio VPCCB2s1E which I have purchased 5 months back. I found this problem when I tried to connect external monitor to it using hdmi cable. The notebook just crashed with blue screen of death.
    Tried all to solve the issue from updating drivers. But error still coming to system. So I visited the service center. And told them what problem I am facing. They don’t found any problem with it. but when try to connect hdmi cable it crashing. So they replaced my notebook to new one. Since my notebook is in warranty. So if your notebook is in the warranty don’t try to do anything just visit the service center they will replace it to new one. But it will take around 20 to 30 days.

I have restored my old backup taken when I purchased the notebook but it doesn’t work for me. So installed the latest drivers still it want help me out. So at finally I contacted the customer care. And visited the service center. So they told me that it has some issue with the hardware so they will replace it. so now my notebook is at service center. So problem actually is with the hardware itself.