Thread: New S Series Vaio laptop is getting overheated?

New S Series Vaio laptop is getting overheated?

I have purchased Sony vaio CTO SA series laptop few days back. Whenever I use it for more than half an hour later laptops get slightly heated. So I am little bit worry about the overheating. Due to the heat the fans of notebook also running faster and creating loud noise. Before purchasing this I have Sony vaio SB series notebook. But I haven’t got such a problem with it. I don’t know that its happens anyone else also. So if anyone else has such a problem of overheating with the SA series laptop. And if anyone has solution to resolve the overheating problem please post it here.

Re: New S Series Vaio laptop is getting overheated?

I have ordered my notebook Sony Vaio VPCSA series trough the online retailer. It arrives five days back to me. While I am using it I feel that it is overheating. So I have checked the temperature of it. So when I am loading any application which uses more resources then the laptop temperature is around 60 to 65 degree. And it will go to around 85 to 90. Also when I am using small applications like internet browsers the temperature goes up to 55 degrees. So I tried this there are back vent on the laptop. Below the screen of laptop itself. As I view the hinges of the screen are blocking the air vent on the back. So I slightly make it bend towards me. At that time large amount of hot air came out of the laptop and temperature goes down to which it requires. So check if it’s not blocking the vent back. If yes then try this.

I have Sony S series laptop with me. But I haven’t faced such a problem of overheating with it. It can be happen to the system when there is no source to throw hot air out. So see that vents for fan are open correctly. Check if something doesn’t blocks anything. Overheating will cause the problem with the system so be careful. It will cause hardware damages. So check which component causing the overheating problem.

As per my information s series of sony vaio using core i7 as the processor for it. And I think the overheating is due to the processors itself. The core I7 will be overheating in sony laptops as I heard it from my friend. Since he has sony vaio laptop and it is giving problem to him due to overheating of processor itself. So check the temperature of processor itself. If it’s going upward. Then try to use the cooling pads for it. Which will has some fans and it will help us to improve the air flow within the laptop.

I am facing same problem with my sony vaio laptop which I have purchased 6 months ago it has problem with the overheating as well as fans also making the high noise. This will be really annoying to me. So I have checked that the fans working on perfectly or not. Since if fans are not taking hot air out so the hardware inside laptop can be overheating up. When I checked I found that there is the dust over the fans. So I cleaned it up. And after that I have started my laptop of mine. Now it is running perfectly at normal temperature.

I purchased my Sony vaio s series laptop few days back. This will give me the overheating problem. From the day I have stated using it. So I have contacted customer care of Sony. They have provided me the guidance to me. And told me to go to service center of Sony. So I visited service center. The person in service center says me that it is problem with hardware itself so it will be getting replaced. I got my replaced laptop just yesterday. And till now it’s running perfectly without making any noise and temperature is also within the range.

None of solutions works for me. So as he said I have to visit service center. I visited the service center and told the person about the problem of overheating I am facing currently with my laptop. The person checked my laptop and old me that the laptop has some problem with the hardware due to that the overheating will be causing so keep laptop here only. Now they are replacing my laptop with the new one.