Thread: how can I set time period before sleep mode in Sony Vaio Laptop

how can I set time period before sleep mode in Sony Vaio Laptop

I have purchased the new Sony Vaio Laptop for my office work. I like the performance of the device very much. And I also like the design of that device that’s why I purchased it. I am new to this kind of device so I don’t know the various techniques to use this device efficiently. Actually my problem is how can I set up the time period before my sony vaio laptop goes into hibernation or in other words in the sleep mode. Now I regularly used the laptop so I need this functionality for my use. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: how can I set time period before sleep mode in Sony Vaio Laptop

I read your problem and I come to know that your problem is not so serious. This problem can be solved some easy tricks which are I am giving here now. I am not sure about these steps because I never use this. But you can get some good experience by the use of them. First you have to click on the Start button on the taskbar. Then go to All programs and then you have to scroll down and select the Vaio Control Center option. Then you have to expand the Power management and then select the Vaio Power Management Viewer. After that you have to click on advance button and scroll down to Sleep mode and expand that. There you will see the option to set the period of inactivity on both the plug in before sleep and battery.

According to your description the problem of sleep mode is the problem that widely occurred in the new users in this field. But the solutions are so simple that can be easily solve this problem. There are so many solutions are available. Here I am giving you one of them. You can try to go on the start menu which is on the taskbar of your device. Then you will see the option of control panel. You have to click on the control panel option and then you will see the Power option in that. In that Power option you will get the setting for the sleep mode. By the use of that you can set the time period for that according to your comfort.

bad one but the answer is so easy that make the question very cheap. But then also I am giving you the suggestion to solve your problem. For that first you have to right click on the desktop of you device and then see the various option. From them you have to select the properties option. There you can set the time period for the sleep mode. In this way you can solve your problem. I hope this can help you solve your problem. Thank you.

I think the above given solution may or may not applicable in the all operating system. The solution can work in the Windows 7 and other hibernate provider system. So you cannot use that in all the system. So you can use another method which may solve your problem. First you have to Click on start button of your taskbar. Then you have to click on the Shut sown option and then you can select the stand by option. In this way also you can save your system power. I think this will give you some better experience.

I think your problem is have not a one solution. There are so many options are available by the use of them you can easily solve your problem. First you mentioned that you are new to the device which you are using. So I will give you a advice to use the sleep mode button on your laptop so you can directly send your device in sleep mode. This is the quick and simplest method so there is no need to set the time period and all that. Hope this will work for you.

I also have the same difficulty when I was new to my device but after some use of my device I get connected to each and every function of my laptop. Now I know almost all the functions of my laptop. My advice to you that please make use of all the option you see in the device and try to understand the use of them. This will help you to solve your problem. Thank you.