Thread: Unable to turn on the sony vaio VGP-PRZ10 laptop when it on Docking Station

Unable to turn on the sony vaio VGP-PRZ10 laptop when it on Docking Station

I have purchased the new Sony Vaio VGP-PRZ10 lap[top for my office use. I don’t have a problem with the working of the device. I like the model and design of the device so I purchased it. I want to know that if my Sony Vaio laptop is on the Docking station and my laptop monitor is closed, it is not possible to start the Laptop using power button. So I use the other method. I I have open the Display just for a while then start the laptop using power button and then close the Display again. So my question is ‘is there any way to turn on the laptop when it is on the Docking station?’ can anyone solve this problem. Please help me.

Re: Unable to turn on the sony vaio VGP-PRZ10 laptop when it on Docking Station

I don’t have enough idea about that. But this facility can be provided by some laptop companies. So you can refer to those companies. I am not sure that sony provides this types of facility in the Laptop so you can get the help from sony customer care for that. Sorry but I cannot give you more information about this issue.

I can give you some suggestions but I am not sure about the application of those tricks. Here I am giving you some idea. It is possible to hook the power switch directly to the keyboard connector. You can just poke an ohm meter and you can divulge which pins to short. The Ethernet function can allow you to turn on your system by sending packet to it. For that you can check the availability of that function on your BIOS. Then you can use that on your device easily.

I have some information for you. There are some systems available that can automatically reboot the system after power failure so you can check out for those in your BIOS. I give you suggestion to check out for the low tech solutions. That can also provide you some support for solving this kind of issues. I have only this much of information. Hope this will work for you. Thank you.

You can use this method to solve your problem. You can physically remove the lid and then blow air across the space. You can use the VNC and eliminate the KVM switch because the networks are getting fast enough to do that. The emulations can be used but it depends upon the need of the hardware support.

Your desired task may or may not be possible in any laptops according to my consideration. But you can try to use Docking station which sometimes has the power switch. So if there is any pin available on the Docking connector that can be used as a power switch. I think these ideas will some idea to solve your problem.