Thread: Idea about Sony Vaio VPCEC1S1E/BJ Notebook Second Hard Disk accessories

Idea about Sony Vaio VPCEC1S1E/BJ Notebook Second Hard Disk accessories

I have purchased the Sony Vaio VPCEC1S1E/BJ notebook around one years back. I want to add the new extra hard disk for this laptop. So I have opened the laptop to do so. I have seen there that there is the space which is enough for the place two hard disk drive. Currently there is one hard drive added in it and we can place other one with it. But the problem Is there with it. The socket which connects hard drive to notebook is only one and on it the actually the current hard drive connect it. So if we have to connect the new hard drive to it and make it operational. So we need other socket for it or it need to be replaced with other one. So do anyone have any idea about connecting the 2nd hard drive.

Re: Idea about Sony Vaio VPCEC1S1E/BJ Notebook Second Hard Disk accessories

I have also sony Vaio VPCEC1S1E/BJ notebook with me .which I have purchased 6 months back. I also want to add 2nd hard drive to it. So I have contacted the customer care support of Sony vaio laptop. And told them regarding the 2nd hard drive attachment. So they told me that they can’t help to solve the issue . Also they told me to contact the vendor from where I purchased the notebook. But actually I have purchased the notebook from Sony retail store itself. Yes the connectors are available to connect the multiple hard drives.

I have purchased the Sony vaio vpcec2s0e. It also has the space for the other hard drive to be placed successfully on it. Actually the hard drive come with it has 320 GB of space only with it and this place is not enough for me. So I have purchased two hard drives 250 GB and 750 GB. But the problem is the connector there is only single connector to attach it. I have searched over the sony site for different laptops and I found that Sony Vaio VPCEC3S1E/BJ has two 500gb hard drives in it. So there has to be any connector in it which is connecting those two hard drives. So there must be connector which can be purchased locally from store. Visit the stores and try to search the cable.

I am using Sony vaio VPCEC1S1E/BJ. Yes it’s the best one I ever used. And I have around 1TB of HDD space in it. I have replaced the default hard drive with the two new 500 GB hard drives. I know there is only one connector which connects only one hard drive so I have replaced it with the other one. The connector used is working for me. So I want to give the model no of it. you can search it over internet or go to the hardware stores for getting it. The connector I have used in it is part name: A1766534A M980 SATA HDD FPC.

I am also looking for the same solution to attach more than two hard drives to it but I don’t think purchasing the connector is only solution . For the new buyer of this notebook . I am suggesting you to buy the notebook with upgrade to the two hard drives itself. So the connectors will be in itself. So we can’t pay more money to buy the connector from the store. I am also buying this notebook but I will order it with upgrade itself. So I can upgrade it any time when I want more space by just buying the hard drive and not the connector.

As per my information and reviews provided for this notebook. There is no way to add other hard drive to it. Since it has only one connector in it. so if you want to add other hard drive in it there is also one solution available which you can try to do. You can remove your blu ray drive or DVD drive whichever is available in it. if you removed this drive so there will be one connector extra available to attach anything. So you can add your second hard drive on it. I will confirm it that it is working. So try this don’t waste money to purchase the connector.

As you provided the part no A1766534A M980 SATA HDD FPC. I have visited the Sony authorized store to get the part. But I can’t get this part on their store. For getting part they told me they need the serial no of the laptop. So I searched the eBay for this part and I got it. I have purchased it from the eBay store. When it reaches to me I have opened it and installed it to my laptop. And it works. Now I have attached two hard drives to it. Tanks for providing the part detail it is really useful for me.