Thread: Unable to connect Sony Vaio wifi adapter to Virginmedia superhub

Unable to connect Sony Vaio wifi adapter to Virginmedia superhub

I have purchased Sony Vaio PCG7183M laptop around 2 years back. Currently it will running windows 7 with it. I am facing some problem with my sony laptop. For more information alternative model no of my laptop is VGN-NW26M. I am previously using 20 Mb Veirginmedia superhum routers with it and its working perfectly with it. But I have started to face problem when I upgraded it to the 30mb superhub.It’s actually netgear VMDG480. I can’t able to connect to the internet with it. What will be the problem? Can anyone provide me the solution to solve this issue?

Re: Unable to connect Sony Vaio wifi adapter to Virginmedia superhub

I have also faced such a problem few days back with my wifi modem. I can able to connect to the modem itself. It shows also that the laptop is connected to the modem. But whenever I try to connect to the internet. It can’t help me out. I cannot able to browse the internet through it. So I have searched over internet asked the friends . They told me that it can be the problem with the driver of the modem. So when I updated it it works perfectly for me. So try to update your drivers of superhub over the internet it will help you. It will solve problem of connection.

I have Sony vaio laptop with windows 7 installed on it. I also went through such a problem with my laptop. I have netgear modem. Whenever I start the modem and try to connect to the internet it won’t connect it. It shows in it that the wifi connection is on still I can’t able to connect it to the internet. So I tried this which can help you. I think it is happening due to windows corrupted files. So I have removed my old windows from laptop and installed new fresh copy of windows 7 on it. And then when I connected my modem to it. And try to browse the internet it works perfectly. I can able to browse the internet. So try to reinstall the windows it will resolves the problem.

As you said that it can be problem with the drivers issue so I have updated my drivers of it to latest one but still it won’t works for me. After installing the drivers when I connect I can’t able to browse the internet. So I tried the other solution of windows installation. I have removed my old windows and installed the new one still I can’t able to browse through the internet. Is there any way so I can solve the problem . to solve the problem I have checked which card is in the laptop is installed. But no help for me.

I have purchased 30 Mb verginmedia superhub for my sony vaio laptop few days back. When I connected it to my laptop I also faced such a problem with it. So I have contacted customer care of verginmedia for any solution regarding this. They tried to help me to resolve the issue but they can’t able to do so. So they told me that the actual problem is with the 30 Mb verginmedia superhub itself. So they told me to replace the router. I changed my router and now it works perfectly for me. So contact the customer care they will help you to resolve the problem.

I don’t know why it happens but the problem I have also faced with my Sony laptop. I have tried to connect the 30 Mb verginmedia superhubs to it. It will successfully connect to my laptop without any issue. Shows status that wifi connection enabled but whenever I try to connect to internet there is nothing happening I can’t able to load the pages. So I have tried each and every solution. Then I found one solution to solve the issue I am facing with it. I have zone alarm firewall installed with it. When I turn off the firewall. And connected to the 30 Mb verginmedia superhub. It works for me I can now able to connect to the internet without any issue with it. So try to disable sany security application running on the windows as well as firewall and now connect it. It will help you.

Thanks for all of you for helping me out. I resolved my issue of the internet browsing through 30 Mb verginmedia superhub. I have contacted the customer care. And I told them what actuall problem I am facing. So he tried to help me out but fails to do so. So he told me that the 30Mb verginmedia superhub can be incompatible with it or has some problem they told me to replace it. But I don’t think its problem with the superhub. So itried to do other solution which is the turning off all the security applications in windows which are running with the firewall. And when I do that it work for me. I can now able to access the internet. Thanks again for helping me out.