Thread: How to add new symbols from character map in blackberry

How to add new symbols from character map in blackberry

I have recently buy a fresh Blackberry smart phone and I need some help to add symbols from character map in blackberry, I am very confused how to do it and I am not able to add new symbols from the character map, I have tried mailing some there to my blackberry smart phone, but I am not able to recognize it. And it is only showing black squares. I am having symbols which are basic type but I want different types of symbols. I have tried to search but I am not getting the answer. Please help me in finding the solution for this problem.

Re: How to add new symbols from character map in blackberry

You can just click on SYM (System button) on your Blackberry keyboard. You can just go on to the web and Google it and you will find some links for the symbols for your Blackberry phone. And you can go on to the Berricons, which is the site for the Blackberry symbols which can help you.

I guess you are finding that symbols which shows on the side of your name every time? In your Blackberry phone go to the Blackberry messenger, and in that go to its main Blackberry messenger window, when you reached in that window then select the menu option. In the menu option select the “edit my info” option. In the edit my information, select the symbols key to add symbols/icons to your name in Blackberry. The next page has the faces to add beside to your names. I think this will help to solve your problem.

Even I was having the same problem but I found out a way to solve it. If you simply go by Wingdings (or similar text) then you have to mail them and have to set each of them as the auto text. I have gone through the same process and now I am having different symbols, different faces (Similes), even blackberry logo also for my mails and blackberry messenger. When you are mailing it from there then you have to save the new symbols into your blackberry phone by going to the option of auto text and then create new.

Well there are many threads which are mainly focusing on the Blackberry logos. But I will explain you to how to do by the Wingding method. For the Wingding method first you have to have a computer which should contain Microsoft Office in it. Then in the Microsoft Office select the Microsoft Word. When you select the Microsoft Word then you have to change the text style to Wingding style (As I have tried this symbol and have not gone for the other symbol fonts). Then when you have change the text style to Wingding then write those characters which were you were trying it. This I have tried and got it for my Blackberry. Now you can do whatever you want do. I hope this might help you.