Thread: HTC myTouch 4G Slide Demos that Cannot be Removed?

HTC myTouch 4G Slide Demos that Cannot be Removed?

You all know that HTC comes with some applications with demo versions. As I am absolutely not interested in buying full versions of them, and I know this will be case with many other users also, then why they make those application as uninstallable? I don’t want to see those applications always when I look at my phone so I really want to uninstall it. But as HTC has made them uninstallable, I am not able to uninstall them. It feels really annoying to me.

Re: HTC myTouch 4G Slide Demos that Cannot be Removed?

Yes I know it feels annoying. It should have a facility of unistalling them. As it takes space in the display area and we feel uncomfortable sometimes if we totally don’t want to use them. If you buy even an PC from an average store has bloatware and if we wish we can uninstall them. HTC is a great phone so it must have a facility to at least remove them from display screen no matter they internally reside in the phone. As even in Microsoft there is a facility to remove them from UI.

Here I want add something based on the knowledge that I have. I think there is not any device atleast since last 15 years which do not have bloatware. You can find bloatware even in vanilla Nexus. So the HTC also has. It’s up to you that you want to use it or not. You have the option. If don’t want then just don’t use it. They have put those applications because many users like to have those applications. And they also help to keep the price of phone down at some extent.

I think I know why you cannot uninstall those applications. I think they must be stored in ROM that’s why they are not removable. But I you want to remove them anyhow, then I think you can try doing a factory reset, as it might remove those application. But as it will erase all the data stored on your device, I agree that there should be a way to hide them or at least we should be able to remove the shortcuts from our user interface.

I don’t think they create that much of irritation but as if you really want to know that then I found a way after searching a lot on Google. There is a method called freezing apps. That can help you to remove those demos. And if it’s not working then I will suggest you to go on Xda developers website as they have some great information about how to remove all those demos. You can try their official website or google them.