Thread: Getting poor picture quality after connecting external monitor with Sony Vaio VPCSB1C5E

Getting poor picture quality after connecting external monitor with Sony Vaio VPCSB1C5E

Hi guys I am using Sony Vaio VPCSB1C5E laptop from last one month and I am using windows 7 operating system in my laptop. Now whenever I try to connect my 22” LCD monitor at that time I am getting very poor picture quality. i have tried to solve this issue by many different tricks but after doing that also I get the same problem. now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Getting poor picture quality after connecting external monitor with Sony Vaio VPCSB1C5E

Well according to me you are facing this issue because of the resolution which you have selected is not proper. First you have to open the display properties and after that you have to change the resolution. Now after changing the resolution you have to check that whether you are getting the picture quality proper or not. According to me after changing the resolution you will get the better picture quality. Try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

Re: Getting poor picture quality after connecting external monitor with Sony Vaio VPCSB1C5E

If changing the resolution doesn’t make any difference with your picture quality then connect your monitor with any other laptop and after that check whether you are getting the same picture quality with that or not. if you are getting the same picture quality with that also then I think you should try to connect your laptop by using the HDMI cable instead of using the DVI and after that your problem might get solved.

According to me installing the updated graphic drivers in your laptop will do the trick. First you have to download the graphic driver for your laptop from its official web site and after that check whether any driver updates are available or not. if you find any updated drivers there then download it and after downloading that in your laptop you have to install it, now after installing it in your laptop connect the laptop with your LCD monitor and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not.

I think there might be having some problem with your monitor only. First check that your monitor is working fine with any other laptop or not, if you are getting the same problem after connecting your LCD monitor with any other laptop then I think your monitor is having the same problem and if monitor works fine then I think you have to first check all the setting is proper or not in your laptop.

After doing some research for this problem I came to know that my graphic driver is causing this issue and that is why I have first reinstalled a graphic driver in my system but after that also I was facing the same issue and that is why I have downloaded updated drivers from the internet and then removed existing drivers from my system. Now after doing that I have installed newly downloaded drivers in my system. Now all the things are working properly.