Thread: Cannot use wireless button in Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S

Cannot use wireless button in Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S

There is a problem with the Wireless button in my Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S laptop. in my Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S laptop I have windows vista installed and all the things were working properly and suddenly I get this problem. Now whenever press the wireless button at that time It does nothing. Is this hardware related problem or I need to reinstall the drivers in my laptop. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Cannot use wireless button in Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S

As you have mention that you are not able to use the wireless button in your Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S laptop then I think there might be something wrong with the Wireless drivers in your laptop. first open the device manager in your laptop and after that check select your Wireless device and check whether you are getting any yellow triangle or not if you see the yellow triangle then right click on that and after that select the update driver option and after that follow the screen instruction.

Well according to me the best way to solve this issue is first uninstall the wireless drivers from your Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S laptop and after uninstalling the drivers you have to restart the laptop. Now after doing that you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop, now after inserting the driver CD you have to install the Wireless driver again in your laptop. Now after installing the drivers you gave to check whether you are able to enable the wireless by pressing the wireless button or not.

Well I have done the driver update in my laptop and from the device manager and at that time it prompt me for the driver CD. Now after that I have inserted the driver CD in my laptop. now after inserting the driver CD my laptop has installed the drivers but after doing that also problem remains and I am still not able to use the wireless button in my laptop. Now please tell me how to fix this issue. if anyone have solution then please help me.

If none of the above solution has helped you to solve this issue then I think there might be something wrong with your Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S laptop warless button. I will recommend you that you should visit the Sony service center and after that you have to ask there for the solution regarding your wireless button. Now after that they will check your laptop and give you proper solution. I hope in service center your problem will get solved. If you want any more information then let me know.

According to me installing the updated wireless drivers will do the trick. You have to first remove the existing wireless drivers from your laptop and after that install the updated drivers in your laptop. if you want to download the updated drivers for your Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S laptop then you have to click on the WIRELESS DRIVERS. Now after clicking here download the drivers and install it in your Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S laptop and the see whether it makes any difference or not?

As you have suggested in your above post that I have to visit the Sony service center and after reading your post I have visited Sony service center and there I asked for the solution regarding this problem and they have found that my laptop wireless button was faulty and they have repaired my Sony Vaio VGN-FW11S laptop. Now wireless button in my laptop is working properly. Thank you for providing me all useful information.