Thread: To surf on the Old Eee PC with a 2mbps speed you need Windows XP

To surf on the Old Eee PC with a 2mbps speed you need Windows XP

I think that it have some unique problem here I have been trying to fox there here, but it seems that it would not be possible for me , but I think that it would not be possible for me to go with this , I have been tried to use this with other things , but I just cannot get the desired 2 mbps speed , Does any one have any idea on why I am not been able to get this speed as this might be very helpful for me as I have tried my own ways on this .

Re: To surf on the Old Eee PC with a 2mbps speed you need Windows XP

I think that at you need to install windows xp back on this, as the operating system that you are using, would be a Linux based operating system (more specifically an Ubuntu operating system) so I guess that it won‘t be possible for you to use this here, I have been trying to fox this here, with the help of some great effort , so if you have changed you operating system to windows then that ‘s were you problem lies .

I guess that I have a better solution here, I have been trying to place this problem here, but this might also be a issue that is caused by the service provider that you are using as the service provider might just not provide you with enough bandwidth, so I guess that this problem might be limited factor, before, coming to any conclusion I would suggest you to test the peak speed that you are getting, as that might then decide the factors that are necessary for it

hey , thanks for all the replies that you have given to me , I have been having some really bad time as the speed that I am getting here is very less when compared to other devices on which I use the same internet connection , I mean , I have a maximum bandwidth of 2 mbps , I have tried using speed test to see how much speed does that fetch then and that to gave me to same result , so can someone please tell me how to do that .

I think that you need to have appropriate drivers to get the speed that you are thinking over here, I have been trying to achieve the same peak on the Verizon network that I am using with the DSL., but it looks that the drivers that asus have created are bounded to work the best when connected or installed on an windows based operating system, so just try to install back the dvd rom that you are using so that you can fetch out maximum bandwidth from it .

BUT remember to update the driver s that you are having , as you might need to have to latest drivers installed on the updated Windows Xp as that might tend you to move faster , I have been trying to have the same sort of things here, it good to know that there are very few problem here , and also see to it that you have the latest drivers installed and have a system configure d with an Windows xp service pack 3 or at least an Windows xp service pack 2 . 

After reading all the comment that you have suggested me above i guess that it would be better for me to swtich to windows xp and then download an aproiate version for it as it would then help me to gain an better suport for the surfing at 2mbps spped while i have just started with the installation of the windows xp and i hope that it get installs here , on time ,welll thanks for all the suggetion that you have given to me all of then seems to vey helpfull to me