Thread: Is there a bios or a driver update for asus 1000He

Is there a bios or a driver update for asus 1000He

I have seen some many user on the internet and other forums site s searching for appropriate drivers for the asus eepc that they are having, I would be very glad to see what these, moreover I had some doubt relating to the if it was actually significance updating ACPI and Chipset drivers that I currently have in Mine Eee pc, I admit that they are too old but are they still function very well. Any suggestions would be great.

Re: Is there a bios or a driver update for asus 1000He

I guess that you should start with some basic steps so that if it is a silly problem then it would get solved then and there , so firstly take out the battery. Locate the small white label attached to the chassis in the battery compartment for the type of wireless chipset you have. Most likely it will be an AW-NE771 Atheros, but could also be a different model of Atheros, chipset, or even one. So that might help you to gain an edge to decide whether to update or not .

I guess that you should first start with the DOWNLOAD BIOS upgrader and then use it. For some reason, the bios that came with the 1000HE did not work for me and moreover was a little buggy. When I installed the program to update the BIOS I was just curious, to use the recovery CD to reinstate your computer or to install a different hard drive I then changed my HD to a SSD when I bought the computer and was wondering if the BIOS update program on the recovery CD was bad.

I a moment ago tried to update the driver for my 1000he from 1.2.0.0 to 1.4.0.1
    It installs very fine, but I cannot acquire 1000HE wireless modem associated to my (Verizon DSL). I try it so that I could roll back the driver, but I supposed there was no driver to return a. Fortunately, I have the opportunity to do a system restore and go back to driver 1.2.0.0 so this are the problem that I have faced ,I hope you dodge then so that you could get an successful update.

I suggest that you go into the BIOS and change the WLAN card to something that states disabled assuming you now that , and then start Windows. So if you do the Function / Wlan (you know - hold down the function key and click the network icon) and twirl the wireless ON.I originate at that instance thought that windows had a new piece of hardware and installed it. I do not know if this is completely right thing to do but it work for me.

I am assuming that you are already using the windows you can verify the same using this one, I am assuming that you get the best out of this as there are many devices that that the driver tab can manage in the device manager properties page for each driver the only expectation that I am aware of is the chipset version in the device manager, that you have, I mean there are the used for the exception but, I am not sure when they are used for it , I have been having some trouble with this ,you can ensure the registry key by typing this in the regedit-Hkey_Local_Machine

These dates are for the driver when Asus added the drivers to your server, and has little to do with being "new." You can find the latest drivers from other parts of the web. Intel has new graphics and chipset drivers and new drivers have wifi Ralink and Realtek has new sound, and even Asus itself has a touchpad Elantech latest drivers so the list for the 1000HE, and there are others new on the web, but I just happened to run into the accident.