Thread: Is it possible to synchronize with a different folder than inbox using BIS

Is it possible to synchronize with a different folder than inbox using BIS

I'm attempting to get my Pearl synchronize with a unexpected envelope than inbox (utilizing BIS). Why? We possess an Exchange Server and I hold a few server based decides that are moving sends to diverse organizers. The symptom that those sends should not be send to the Blackberry for the reason that its matching up just the inbox (as a result of BIS). On account of I could not leave all sends in my inbox (for the reason that I get a parcel and require structure), my brainstorm was to duplicate all incoming sends server based to a brand new send organizer "bb-sends" and to have that one adjusted with the BB. Has anybody a thought how to bargain with that?

Re: Is it possible to synchronize with a different folder than inbox using BIS

As I grasp BIS, it is not feasible to do what you need (in the event that I am wrong, somebody satisfy redress me). I am able to think about a workaround thou: Add an inept message record to the apparatus and have the principles send a duplicate of the message you're getting into the post boxes to that message. My BB is associated through an adventure server. I try not to have any of the above situations. My messages in Outlook are run through tenets which mechanically put them in organizers-every last trace of which I would be able to see on my BB in a flash.

To take care of this situation you need to unequivocally make an organizer named "Test" under my inbox in Outlook. A moment or thereabouts later I checked my BB and the envelope was there. I then moved a document from my inbox to "Test." It did not programmed adjust to the Blackberry, but when I chose Menu/Reconcile Now, the record showed up in the Test Folder on the blackberry. I then dragged an existing organizer, Test2, from my Personal envelopes in Outlook to "Inbox/test/" in viewpoint. Again the envelope showed up on the blackberry in simply a few instant. Again it was purge. This time when clicked Menu/Reconcile Now, I got bidirectional bolts, but no records showed up in inbox/test/Test2 on the blackberry.

From the talk going on I presume that provided that you set up envelopes in your inbox in Outlook, you are able to drag records to those organizers and match up then OTA to your Blackberry by utilizing Reconcile Now. Then again, once indexes are uprooted from the Outlook inbox, it is not feasible to match up them to the Blackberry. This conduct is steady with what we see when we erase a record from the standpoint inbox. The document is erased from the blackberry inbox, and depending on if we move the index from the Deleted Items organizer in Outlook back to the Inbox envelope in Outlook, it should not return in the Blackberry Inbox.

Sorry to be so moderate reacting. I have been voyaging. Since I move a part from the Outlook Inbox to Folder An, a sub-envelope in the Outlook inbox, and click "accommodate now" on the blackberry, the article moves out of the blackberry wires inbox and into Folder A. It is not in the blackberry inbox anymore, so I don't need to erase it. Thus, I cannot duplicate your situation. My framework works like you looked for yours to. It is safe to say that you are on BES? Or did your work IT actually design a BIS inbox for your work message? That would describe the contrast in consequences.

Yes, Google Sync is a third gathering application that you instate on your BlackBerry. It's middleware among your gadget location book/calendar and Google Address Book/Calendar. It gives a few-method satellite match up of logbook and contacts just. Viewpoint synchronize is wired via USB link and BlackBerry Desktop Software. You could probably synchronize datebook, contacts, errands and reminders with this setup. Viewpoint is one of the backed requisitions in BIS. And it Works amazing. Google synchronize is moreover great. Then again with the Gmail and the Google Synchronization for the datebook and contacts is fantastic.

AstraSync / NotifySyncif you have Exchange, it makes a great showing at utilizing the ActiveSync order to adjust your information via satellite utilizing existing BIS ideas. This is about as near BES would be prudent provided that you possess an Exchange server and would positively like to spend thousands. Notwithstanding the different is ThinkPost sync-(our unit) / adjusting contacts/calendar/notes/tasks amidst the PC and the BB OTA-tries not to back message match up notwithstanding-but you do hold your existing message location. This specific unit makes a point not to need Exchange.