Thread: How to unlock MTN SIM ?

How to unlock MTN SIM ?

Hi, I have a MTN SIM and in which I had previously added a password and that I just forgot by mistakenly and just entered incorrect PWD for several time thus the SIM just Locked itself and don’t know I am not able to use any services through this number, I mean to say as the SIM is lock I am unable to make and receive calls from other user, so is there any idea through which we can unlock it? or I have to pay for getting it unlocked? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to unlock MTN SIM ?

I am not getting like you have entered the code only or the PIN and PUK as well? Because the thing is like when we entered the code in the mobile and if it is incorrect so after three tried it just block itself and ask for the PUK code and if you entered that code as well and if it is incorrect then I would say you have lost the card rather you have to purchase it again, no doubt you’ll get the same number but still you have to contact your service operator for the same.

I have the same opinion as the above user as you need must have to visit the service center for the new card but if suppose you haven’t entered the PUK still then you can have a chance to get it unlocked, I mean say though you haven’t done that you must have to visit the service providers gallery and they will help you with the code that you have to enter and after that your SIM will be unlocked for sure.

I am not sure about your carrier but I would like to suggest you that should try to find out the PUK code from the internet so that you can enter it, As I am using the airtel as so for getting PUK code of a Airtel number, I have to send PUK<space>PhoneNumber to their provided toll free number 121. And off course at your case there might be some similar service through which you can get the PUK code in your mobile and off course You can make use of any other MTN number to send this SMS as your SIM is barren previously.

I would like to suggest you that if you are not able to visit the service center you can have option to call the Customer Care Helpline on 0831808. But please don’t enter incorrect PUK number as it will lastingly injure your SIM card and will have to be restored with a fresh one at your own expenditure. And let me tell you that this number is unique which is been generated as the SIM card issued to you, so at this moment you cannot make use of another one.

Thanks for the suggestion guys but really I am in very awful condition as I think I have already entered that code as well while it is been prompted. So if suppose I visit the gallery and apply for the new one so will I get the same card or another one? Or this would be starting again? And how much amount I have to pay them in order to get the new card? And if that is more than purchasing a new card so is it worth to purchase the same again?

See I am not sure about the charges and though it may be more than buying the new one but the advantages that you’ll get is like you’ll get the same number as you were using previously, and if got the new one you have to inform all your contact about the new number so the fact is like if you are willing to buy new one then it is worth, but if I would be there at your place, I would always prefer to have the same card, as I have too many contacts with the same number.