Thread: BlackBerry Internet Service temporarily inactive for update , email services are not working

BlackBerry Internet Service temporarily inactive for update , email services are not working

I just notice recently a hour ago that my email application is not allowing to log me in to my e mail account. It’s not allowing to send or receive emails on my device so I made some reach and now I know that BlackBerry Internet Service web portal was down for maintenance. Seems to me this probably because they are updating the email application may be its not that big but you guys should log in and get it. I was using 6.11.0216.1323 was now prompted for update to 6.11.0419.0755 so I install the same, so any one get stuck and not be able to login then this is probably the reason why you are getting that error

re: BlackBerry Internet Service temporarily inactive for update , email services are not working

Yeah got notice of that today I also was having the same problem. I was using blackberry curve and suddenly few hours ago o was not be able to login into my BIS email account and after some time its prompted to update which I did but now I notice that I can receive mails but is unable to send . my device just get hanged . I think I should wait for update to finish completely. I also try sending my service book but can’t obtain any positive result. Does anyone else also facing the same problem

re: BlackBerry Internet Service temporarily inactive for update , email services are not working

I was also facing same problem when today morning my email services stop responding I thought it might my phone error then after some time my services restored but it did not prompt me to update my email application though but I can receive emails but I can’t send anyone email I event tried sending one test mail to myself but it didn’t work . Got worried I updated my phone now my phone got spoiled its show white background with some text and tons of java related error.

I am also getting some kind of error with my blackberry it’s quite wired I was not able to use my email services both sending and receive mail on my device so I tried my computer to check the mail. The thing is something happen to my usual bookmarked BIS link. It’s showing warning saying invalid certification I tried both Firefox as well as internet explorer but did not find any successes on it yet . I googled the site then and fount website working fine. It’s just my bookmark Url was not working properly may be they changed the url .

Got brand new blackberry bolt form Verizon and was not able to set up internet email configuration on it so I talked to tech support and they even not able to figured it so they told me to go back to the Verizon and get it replaced with the new one which I did but same thing then again happen with the new one , so I went again to replace it but this time the guy at the store found out an internet article which says RIM were experiencing a server outage and no estimate return to service time . mostly affecting email and new setups .

I am too having the same problem with my update. I try to update my blackberry and its bricks my phone until I restored it .it’s now does not allowing me to add email account. It’s just keep prompting me to update the application. Everything else seems to works fine. Now I brought the phone because of it capabilities of using email application but if I can’t set my email account then what is the point of buying this phone. I have been updating, resetting and restoring all this weekend .please suggest me any idea to deal with this situation before I break this phone