Thread: Having duplicate contacts in HTC myTouch 4G Slide

Having duplicate contacts in HTC myTouch 4G Slide

Hi, I have recently purchased a new HTC myTouch 4G Slide for myself and just insert a SIM card in the mobile, and when I was trying to access the contacts it was prompting for copying the contacts from the SIM memory to the phone, and after doing that i am having same contact doubles in the phone, I mean to say all the contacts are been duplicated in the mobile, so what could be the reason, as this is making confusion finding any number, so is there any way through which we can avoid this, thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Having duplicate contacts in HTC myTouch 4G Slide

Yeah that’s the obvious thing dude as you need to check any one of the option, I mean to say you can have option to check for any particular option as you can see the contacts from either phone memory or simply access them from the SIM memory, and because of that only you are having duplicate contacts in your mobile, so now simply you have to select any one option as I mentioned.

I am agree with the above user as you have to simply select any one of them and let me tell you if suppose you ever import any contact from the google as well you won’t have to stored In the mobile rather I would say if you just wanted to access any contact from there you won’t have to import it even rather The sync with Google takes care of that for you. So have you done any such importing as well form the google account? If yes then you have to simply remove that files from the mobile in order to avoid the duplication.

I was also having the same problem with my mobile but I found out solution very hard way. I unchecked the sync to T-Mobil and together with that left Google checked under the ACCOUNTS & SYNC that I find under the settings only. And that’s why I would say if you also have imported any such contacts from the google you have to delete them. Since that I haven’t seen this problem in my mobile.

See when it comes to this model it will stored the contact in wither SIM Card, Phone, Google or /and HTC Addressbook, so you need to find out where you have stored all the contacts and if you have all the contacts stored in a particular location you won’t have to copy it to another location that you have done because they all are already linked with each other. Now with no other option you have to delete all the contacts from the mobile.

Thanks for the suggestion guys but still there isn’t any way through which we can simply delete all the contact in just one time? Because its quite awful to delete each and every contact manually rather separately. But I would say thank for the suggestion because first of all I was in fact not able to figure out what could be the reason.