Thread: Blackberry, way convert REM file to JPG

Blackberry, way convert REM file to JPG

I have a query that I want to share here with you as I know you people might help me if you know any trick to do this. I have some images in .rem format. The thing I want to know is it possible to convert REM files to JPG format. And if it is possible to convert then please tell me the way of doing so. I want to convert my images from .rem format to .jpg format as I am not able to open them. So please suggest me any idea if there is any.

Re: Blackberry, way convert REM file to JPG

I can help you to convert REM files to jpg files. First, go to Options then select Media card and then set Encrypted Media Files to No. Second, go to Options then select Media card and then set Encryption Mode to None. Now from your BlackBerry send your pics which are in REM format to your e-mail or you can also upload them on facebook. Then you will have those pics in jpg format. But don’t forget to set Encrypt mode off.

Both the method works. However I know another method also. Just follow the same steps as above. But, instead of uploading them on facebook or sending in email account from your BlackBerry, as they will consume little more time, just copy them to any other location in your media card. As after set the Encryption off, the will not have their extension as .rem. I tried it and believe me it works. It will consume less time than the previous method that you suggested.

Thanks for both the replies. Here I tried all suggested ways. First I was trying to rename the file but I got an error as File not found. Then as you suggested I turned off the encryption and then when I tried to copy files to a different folder then I got an error as File system error. So these ideas didn’t work on my phone. I don’t know why. But do you have any other idea. If you have any ideas then please reply. I will give them a try.