Thread: Ovi Maps taking up 90% of memory card in my Nokia E5-00

Ovi Maps taking up 90% of memory card in my Nokia E5-00

I have a 2gb card in my nokia E5-00 and in that around 1gb memory is consumed by the cities folder which is already the half of my memory cards memory. I think it’s not normal because a single application should not consume this much amount of memory. I think I should delete the cities folder as this folder is consuming 1gb of memory. But I am in doubt that, will my Ovi Maps will work if I delete the cities folder. Please suggest me what should I do?

Re: Ovi Maps taking up 90% of memory card in my Nokia E5-00

I have the same issue with my Ovi Maps. But as I have 8gb of memory card this issue doesn’t bothers me. And I will suggest, you should also buy a 8gb memory card as 2 gb is not enough I think so. If you want to store movies and song then it will create problem even if you delete the cities folder. And yes it may happen that your Ovi Maps will not work if you delete the cities folder. But if you have 8gb card 1gb folder will not create any inconvenience to you.

I also use nokia E5-00. So I want add something here. As far as I know, nokia E5-00 has memory support of up to 32 gigabyte. So you can use a higher capacity memory. If you will have 8gb memory card you can store any sort of data. And Ovi Maps application is not consuming your 1gb memory. it’s the map data that is stored for the various countries that you might want to visit. And deleting cities folder will not affect your Ovi Maps as you can download maps again whenever you want from Ovi suite.

As you said you are concern about your memory. so here is a remedy for you. 1gb of memory is consumed by the maps of various countries. If you want to reduce some space then you can delete the maps that you don’t need. For this, Connect to Ovi Suite and select maps. There you can find list of all available maps. There you can download the maps of your need and you can also delete the maps that you don’t require at all. Hence you can reduce consumption of memory by Ovi Maps.