Thread: Travelling aboard how to turn off push mail services in BlackBerry Pearl 8120

Travelling aboard how to turn off push mail services in BlackBerry Pearl 8120

Hi people I am living in UK and have blackberry 8120 I am planning to go for the holiday which I am not sure where yet but somewhere outside the UK . Currently my blackberry has been sync to push email from my outlook web access from my work. And I believe may be charge extra roaming fees for receiving e mails outside my country. Is there any ways to temporary turn off my push mail services while am abroad. I don’t want to delete my account as I heard somewhere that repeatedly deleting the setting will make push services slow hence I want to avoid it

re: Travelling aboard how to turn off push mail services in BlackBerry Pearl 8120

I don’t think what you saying about deleting the account stuff is the fact clearly you have been miss leaded about the information regarding to deleting the services. Deleting the account and then again reestablish would not affect the services for push mail because BIS doesn’t truly push OWA anyways .BIS pulls the OWA account every 15 minutes and there is activity in the polls more frequently until the activity dies down . so you can delete your account without the fear it may not affect your services

re: Travelling aboard how to turn off push mail services in BlackBerry Pearl 8120

What suggested is also correct and frankly I have never heard of deleting configuration will affect the service that all not so very true you can any time delete you account and recreate it again and if you so afraid you can also do one thing just go to option and then to advance option and to service book and then delete the e mail service book that will help your cause. Service book is are sent to your phone by RIM to tell your phone what services is to be run and your push mail will come under email service book.

I don’t know this will help you or not why don’t you go to manage connection and disable you data services the icon of which look like an antenna what you need to do is scroll down to the mobile network operation and press menu there you will find the option to turn off and turn off while roaming this will temporarily discontinue you packet data and you will temporary not received your push mail this may probably help you cause of temporarily not receive push mail. See if its works

This is not the right way to stop receiving push mails. True his may temporarily stop receiving your mail but not help you for your cause of traveling aboard you should find other ways to stop receiving push mail services because on regards to turning the data services off will not inform RIM about the same RIM still not try to transfer OWA email to the device and they will be remain hold until the date service turns on again and this will still charge roaming charges which you obviously don’t want.

I think you have some wrong information about the seta services option for me I would say it is actually a best option for you all you have to do is just click some buttons on your phone that’s it don’t have to call any one or go anywhere beside if you temporarily disable your account or delete email service book the device will still goes to services check for server this is usually happens even it there is no information to it to pull to data. All this things will because you charge roaming fees but if the data services is disable than it will not do any type of search