Thread: WIFI cannot scan for networks in HTC myTouch 4G Slide

WIFI cannot scan for networks in HTC myTouch 4G Slide

Hi guys I am using HTC myTouch 4G Slide mobile phone which I have bought recently and am very happy with this mobile phone. In my mobile phone when I try to connect the WIFI at that time my mobile phone start scanning for the network and after 2 to 3 seconds it gives me message that unable to scan for networks. Now after that I have try to solve this problem by pulling out the battery and putting it back in mobile phone but still getting the same problem. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: WIFI cannot scan for networks in HTC myTouch 4G Slide

According to me you should try to solve this issue by doing following steps. First of all you have to do the back up of all your data in your mobile phone and after that you have to do factory reset in your HTC myTouch 4G Slide. Now after doing that try to scan the WIFI network scanning in your mobile phone. Now see whether you are getting the same issue or not. I think after doing this your mobile will able to scan for the network properly.

I agree with your above post in my HTC device I was also facing the same problem and after that I tried to fix this problem by doing so many tricks but after that also I was not able to fix this. Now after that my friend suggests me to reset the mobile phone. After that I have done factory reset in my mobile and after doing that my problem gets solved. That is the reason I will also suggest you to try this solution and your WIFI will starting working normally.

Thank you so much for your above reply. After reading your mobile phone I have done the backup of all my data and after that I have reset the mobile phone and after resetting the device when I tried use the WIFI at that time it worked fine and it is scanning for the network properly. now after connecting nit with my WIFI router I am facing one more issue. Now while using the internet WIFI connection drops randomly please help me with this.

According to me you are facing this problem because in your HTC myTouch 4G Slide WIFI sleep policy. First of all you have to check that in your WIFI sleep policy all the setting is proper or not. try to do all the setting again your WIFI sleep policy and after doing that connect your mobile phone with your WIFI router and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

You are facing this problem after connecting the mobile with your WIFI router only or you are facing this problem with other WIFI also. First connect your HTC myTouch 4G Slide with any other WIFI router and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. If you are facing this problem with other WIFI router also then I think you should visit the HTC service center and with other router all the things worked fine then main problem is with your router only.

I have checked my HTC myTouch 4G Slide mobile with other WIFI router and I get the same problem with other WIFI router also. Now after doing that I have done factory reset in my6 mobile phone and after doing the factory reset in mobile phone when I have tried to use the WIFI in my HTC myTouch 4G Slide at that time my mobile worked perfectly. Now my mobile phone is working absolutely fine and I am not facing any issues.