Thread: How to tether iPad with Blackberry 9900 or 9700 ?

How to tether iPad with Blackberry 9900 or 9700 ?

Hi, guys I am planning to have an iPad2 WIFI so that I can use the internet whenever I want and wherever I want. And along with that I have two blackberry mobile that I am planning to tether with the ipad 2 so that no need to pay extra for using the internet with the device. But still as I doing this for the first time thus I am not sure how to do that so I would be glad if someone help me to Explain stepwise procedure so that I can tether.

Re: How to tether iPad with Blackberry 9900 or 9700 ?

See first of all you need to download the Download QPST 2.7.1 and make sure it’s build 300. For Verizon Wireless users, your SPC number will be 000000. And if this is not then you need to make use of the hex editor to find that number for your carrier. And then you need to have QPST program installed in you machine so that you can modify the tethered NAI according to your carrier number.

I am agree with the above user but still this method sometimes doesn’t work thus I would say you should try the same WITH PDAnet though it would be of slower speed but you’ll get the active connection for sure. And for this you need to have jailbroken IPAD, Blackberry phone, ibluever (I am not sure about the full version so you can make use of trial version till you get the full) and PDAnet. Then follow the steps :

1 – open ibluever from your iPad2, as you open this it will prompt you and ON option that you have to enable so that you can see you mobile phone.

2- After that you have to click on blue rocket of your gadget to change the following fields:

pin code: 0000
    dial number: #777 ( this is for verizon wireless, you have to enter according to your carrier)
    chat script: default non GPRS
    Waiting SDP: On
    Sniff Mode: Off (optional)
    Authentication: On (optional)

3- Now you have to DISABLE 'dial up networking' option from your blackberry bluetooth options and save all the settings and then Run PDANET from your blackberry mobile and Enable ‘Bluetooth DUN'

4- after doing this you need to open the ibluever from your iPad and select your device and you are ready to use the internet.

Hey I have done all the settings in the mobile as well in the IPAD as well but still I am not able to use the internet however, the mobile is not able to get the content from the IPAD. What could be the reason, as I have followed all the steps perfectly as mentioned above. Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

I think you haven’t done proper setting in your device or you have made some mistakes over there, so I would like to suggest you that you should try to reconfigure the device settings, under the serial port profile you need to select all the option such as desktop connectivity, wireless bypass and data transfer. Then only you’ll be able to receive data from the IPAD, so just try this and mentioned here again if you are still having the same problem.