Thread: How to downgrade the blackberry bold 9650 OS 6 to the lower version?

How to downgrade the blackberry bold 9650 OS 6 to the lower version?

Hi, I have installed OS 6.0 in my blackberry bold 9650 and it seems very difficult in using and there are multiple bugs as well in the newer version, and that’s why I have planned to uninstall the current version and again install the previous version. But I am not sure whether it is possible or not, and of yes then how we can do this, please help me with this. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to downgrade the blackberry bold 9650 OS 6 to the lower version?

Yeah off course you can do this but for that you need to have DM apploader installed in your machine and then just download the previous version’s software and then continue downgrading the software. but I am not getting which problem you had with the OS 6 because as far as I know they have built up the system with very care and that works very good, so still my recommendation is like you should first of all try to figure out which problem you are having in your mobile and try to solve that.

I am agree with the above user as you should first of all try to discover the problem first because there isn’t any problem in the software, I think you have some problem in your firmware, I mean it might be corrupted or not working properly, so I would like to suggest you that you should try to first of all reinstall the current software and of suppose you get the same problem then you can have option to downgrade It for sure.

You can simply follow the mentioned steps.

1 – first of all you need to have the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software installed in your machine, sp if you don’t have you need to first of download it, and 4.6 is recommended version.

2 – it’s always best practice to backup all the data and the application from the device and then wiped the device.

3- After doing that you have to start up the Desktop Manager and in that there would be an option called Application Loader so select that and then select 'Add/Remove Program.' And select all the applications you'd like installed.

4- As you finished doing this you need to hit Next button . On this display you will obtain a verification of the software being installed. So you have to click the next button and it will automatically installed the firmware in the mobile.

Thanks for the suggestion as I have tried this and I was able to downgrade the system software. And you might be wondering as what could be the reason I have done this, but before this I have tried to reinstall the software even but still I was also having the problem with the synchronization in my BB. Anyways thanks.