Thread: How to change the text message tone for blackberry curve 8300 ?

How to change the text message tone for blackberry curve 8300 ?

Hey guys I have purchased a new mobile phone that’s Black berry curve 8300, and previously I was using the nokia mobile, thus when I just configuring the settings in the phone it was very difficult for me to adjust some of the settings and of them was like about the text message tone, in other words I would say I don’t know how to change the message alert tone for the mobile. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to change the text message tone for blackberry curve 8300 ?

There are multiple way through which you can set the tone in your mobile phone, see I would not make you more confuse rather just follow the steps, you need to first of all select any of the profiles that you want to use, and in that there would be an option that will make you enable to alter the settings which is made by default and from there only you can change the ringtone as well as the message tone.

You can have a direct option as well like if suppose you want to use any tone from your gallery, then first of all select that tone and click on option so that it would list you the possible options and among then one of them would be for the same, as it would be like use the tone as with various options like as a ringtone, or message tone, or contact tone. So from there only you have to choose the message tone.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but still I would say where the profile button in the mobile is? I am not able find it anyway and as mentioned above I know that technique, because I use to use the same with my nokia mobile. And I have another doubt as well like if suppose I want to change the email tone, so shall I continue with the same process or is there any other way to do that?

As far as the email is concern you cannot set the tone directly rather you need to go to the settings and then from there you’ll get the settings for the tones and from there only you can set the settings. And profiles should be an icon so you need to go through your icons and find that so that you can make changes in the tones. but I am not sure whether you can set the tone for the email as well or not.

If you are still having problem changing the tone then according to me you should try to refer the manual rather guide given to you by the mobile itself. And not only this settings but if you go through It you’ll get the idea about all the functions and the features about the phone, or else you can have another option as well, like you can simply search the same on the google, it may provide you the results with the videos, and that would be very convenient and easy.