Thread: How to remove assigned ringtones to the specific contact?

How to remove assigned ringtones to the specific contact?

Hi, i am using nokia X3-02 and in that I have previously assigned different ringtones to particular contacts. I have done this for my convenience so that I can found easy way to know who is calling me, but the thing went completely opposite as whenever someone calls me I am not able to identify who is calling, I know this is quite funny but still after such a confusion I have planned to assign the same ringtone to each and everyone. So please help me do that how to remove the assign tone? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to remove assigned ringtones to the specific contact?

It’s too easy to do that, in fact similar as you assign the tone. You need to first of all go to contacts and then find the name to which you have assigned the tones and then select that contact as all the details will be displayed to you, from there only one of them would be for the ringtones. So from there you have to delete the ringtone. As you do this a normal ringtone would be assigned to that contact.

Is this same for all the nokia mobiles? Or there is any difference, and if yes then what is the difference, what additionally we have to do in order delete the assigned tones? I am currently using E63 and having problem with this facility don’t whenever the person to whom I have assigned the tone call me the phone gets hanged and because of that only I am not able to do anything. So please help me with this.

As the extent to I know we can do the same for removing the tone so I would like to tell you the same thing as the above user mentioned, like whenever you select any contact for which you have to remove the tone, the phone will display all the information regarding the contact that you have saved in the mobile. And from that only you have to choose the ringtone option and from there only you can simply remove the tone.

I have seen many people having this problem and don’t know how to remove it so I have decided to assist them further.

1- first of all select the contact for whom you have to remove the tone.

2- then select option so the phone will list you the saved option regarding the contact, I mean its name, number, contact picture and contact ringtone.

3- select ringtone option and select none, and if there is some other option as off you should select that.

4- After that for taking the appropriate changes you need to reboot the phone so that the phone will automatically assigned a default tone to the contact.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but, when I open the that contact the and click on option a menu appeared with other options and in that there is an option multimedia and in that there is another option called ringtone, but by accessing that we can change the tone, there isn’t any option for removing the tone? So don’t we remove the tone or we need to delete the contact and then save it again?

No saving the contact again doesn’t make any sense and there is a option that you haven’t recognized actually, see you don’t have to open the option rather simply press the detail key and then very last option would be for the tone, and hold and long press that option will make you available and option which will allow you to remove the ringtone.