Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad L420 Shuts down while playing games

Lenovo ThinkPad L420 Shuts down while playing games

I have my Lenovo ThinkPad L420 about 2 weeks. Everything has been good, except I realized that when I'm playing (for example, an mmo Vindictus and Dawn of War 2) turns off by itself without notice. It is the normal closure and down, but an instant off. I tried to find the issue but I didn’t got the any enough of solution. I have Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz and I think it can be the accumulation of dust and but mine system is very new system. Before calling for service customer I wanted to ask if you know anything about it.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad L420 Shuts down while playing games

According to me you must replace the GPU that the area currently have in your laptop with a more efficient and a little more robust than you think you might be able to provide high performance while playing games and at the same time will have to ensure that the GPU should have a good cooling system, so the GPU is not heated and damaged indirectly due to the high-performance games based.

I suppose that your games installed files are damaged or there is some inconsistency in the system. For the first advice I to verify that the games are installed correctly. You can try reinstalling the game again. Although this is a tedious process, but if the game settings are wrong this could be the right solution required.

RyanInt. Guest

There are various explanations that would create such irregular restarts or collisions while playing heightened-close gaming representation. One is the situation brought on by the motherboard depending on if it is harmed or whatever viable frame which makes a point not to work. Would be able to be the BIOS require upgrading. My guidance is to first overhaul the BIOS on your motherboard and reinstall the drivers.

If the problem is only caused while playing games then you probably can mark it as a problem with the graphics on your computer. So in your case may be the nVidia graphics card is causing the system to shut down while playing. So to solve this problem, unplug the graphics card and set it again to make sure that does not bend and fit properly into its socket. If after this the problem persists. the problem has to do with your graphics card. I suggest you use a compatible ATI Radeon graphics.

The problem could be due to an overheating video card. So you need to thermal paste to the heatsink temperature and then check out the same. As the desired steps have been taken you also need to ensure that its drivers have been updated to the latest. I hope this will be best for you and can make the change work and work, as needed.

I would like to suggest you to repair the operating system and after that your issue will get solved. I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and after that I have repaired mine system and then mine issue was get solved. so try to repair your system and after that go through your issue. if repairing also doesn’t help you then I would like to suggest you to make contact with the manufacturer and after that go through your difficult and then they will solve your issue.