Thread: Touchpad Mouse buttons stop working on Lenovo ThinkPad L420

Touchpad Mouse buttons stop working on Lenovo ThinkPad L420

Hello, I have a little problem with my Lenovo ThinkPad L420 occasionally the touch pad does not work. The touch panel can give, and the point of the red track is still functional, or vice versa, or both can go. I think the change in volume or writing sometimes solves this problem. I have to connect an external mouse when this happens, but I do not want this issue to get worse.

Re: Touchpad Mouse buttons stop working on Lenovo ThinkPad L420

I think you issue with the driver and so therefore I think you might make updated the driver on your system and after that you can get ride the issue. To update the driver you can make updated driver through the windows updated or you can also updated the driver through the device manger. Open the device manger and after that make right click on touchpad driver and after that updated the driver.

Make sure that you have installed the touchpad software properly and I think you have not installed the touchpad software properly and so therefore you’re getting this issue and to solve this issue you can uninstall the software and after that installing at again. Go to the start and under that click on the software which you have installed touchpad software and after that uninstall it. Once you uninstalled and after that make install it again.

Go to the mouse or touchpad properties and make changes that both buttons as the right to work, left click and vice versa. I hope that somehow this adjustment will help. If this technique will not work then try restoring your system if you have already created a restore point. If any change has occurred on the day before this restoration will help to return to the original or default settings.

If you connect an external mouse and USB mouse port and see if it's working or not. If it is working, then it is likely that the touchpad hardware problem. If you know how to remove the protective cover of the laptop keyboard and touchpad left and then remove carefully. I think there are only four screws attached to the touchscreen. Remove the screws first and unplug the connector itself. The use of compressed air can remove the duct from the keyboard and the connector. Set correctly as it once was. Restart the computer and see affect.

If the buttons do not work then swap the touchpad buttons. What I mean is go to the mouse or touchpad settings or properties and make changes that both buttons as the right to work, left click and vice versa. I hope that somehow this adjustment will help. If this technique will not work then try restoring your system if you have already created a restore point. If any change has occurred on the day before this restoration will help to return to the original or default settings.

I think you have Issue with operating system and so therefore I would like to suggest you to repair your operating system and after that you able to get ride the random restart issue. to perform the repairing you need to have installation CD of your operating system. First insert the operating system CD or DVD on your CD-ROM and after that restart the system. While restarting your system hit the any key to boot your CD-ROM. Now you will get the windows and under that select the appropriate options and after that hit the next. Now on the other windows select the repair option and after that follow the steps given under that.