Thread: Nokia N8 Point of interest(POI) and Map

Nokia N8 Point of interest(POI) and Map

I have moved my POI(Points of Interest) to my phone memory. I opened the file and saved all of them into phone. Then I went to Nokia Maps and I created a new collection. Now my question is that, how can I move all the POIs from the predefined folder Collection to the new one that I created? And another thing that I want to ask is, what is the way to disable the visualization of POI in the Map? And the last question is after defining a rout, how to browse the map without stopping the route?

Re: Nokia N8 Point of interest(POI) and Map

I can help you but the first thing that I want to know about your Ovi Maps is that, what is version of Ovi Maps that you are using? If you don’t know how to find the version of Ovi Maps then you can follow these steps to know the version of Ovi Maps. First select Menu , then select Maps then select About Maps. There you can find the version of the Ovi Maps. First tell me the version then I can proceed to help you.

thanks for replying. Here is detail information about my Ovi Maps. V3.06 11wk10b01 and Map version is 0.2.42.122. I think I have the latest Ovi Maps version. As to be more specific, I want to explain you that if we are traveling then we will have lot of places of interest and hotels from various countries. Then finding just places of interest or hotels is not so simple since we can’t copy them all to a different lists. They all mix in a same default list. Another thing to create problem is that if we will try to browse the map with all the open POI then the phone hangs almost. We can deal with these problems if we will be able to properly manage different collections. Such as deleting POIs, don’t know how to do that?

There is a solution for you. Do you use desktop version of Ovi Maps. You will be able to edit or add your favorites if you will use desktop version of Ovi Maps. You can also synchronize with your phone. To edit in the desktop version of Ovi Maps is quicker and it is also possible to map routes previously. And it will appear on your phone also, if you will synchronize it with your phone. I think it’s the complete solution for you.

Here is another and better option which will help you a lot. You can use a software called LMmanager. This software enables you to delete the landmarks file. You should create a database for each collection and also make it default in LMmanager. Now, open gpx file and import all of them. Repeat these steps for every collection. Now, you can select any database as required using IMmanager.