Thread: Getting BSOD with stop code 0x124 in gigabyte m1405 notebook

Getting BSOD with stop code 0x124 in gigabyte m1405 notebook

Hi guys I am using gigabyte m1405 notebook from last few months and I am using windows 7 operating system in my laptop. my laptop was working fine and I have recently upgrade my hard drive from 320GB to 500GB and after upgrading the hard drive in my laptop I have restored all me data in my laptop. Now my laptop started giving me some issue. Whenever I start my laptop and do any work after that suddenly get BSOD with error code 0x124. Now please tell me how to get rid of this issue.

Re: Getting BSOD with stop code 0x124 in gigabyte m1405 notebook

According to me you should first connect any other hard drive with your gigabyte m1405 notebook and after that you have to check whether you are still getting the BSOD problem after that also or not. if you get the same problem after connecting the different hard drive also then I think there might something wrong with your gigabyte m1405 notebook and if you don’t get any issue after connecting another hard drive with your laptop then I think there might be something wrong with your hard drive.

After going through your problem I have tried to find the solution on the internet and after searching on the internet I have finally get one solution to solve this issue. Normally this type of issue due to QPI/Vtt voltage is incorrect. Either it is very high or it is very low and that is why you are facing this issue. if you want to solve this issue then you have to solve this issue by changing the QPI/Vtt voltage. After doing that you will not get this issue with your laptop.

If you want to change the QPI/Vtt voltage in your laptop then you have to follow these steps. First you have to restart the laptop and after that you have to go to the BIOS setting and after getting in to the BIOS you will find the setting for the QPI/Vtt voltage. If you don’t get this option in your BIOS then you have to press Ctrl + F1. Now you have to either increase it little bit or decrease it little bit and after that save the setting and then restart the laptop and then check whether problem gets solved or not.

I think you should try this solution to solve this BSOD issue. you can try to solve this issue by repairing the operating system in your laptop or installing the fresh copy of the operating system. I am not sure about this solution but this solution will help you to fix this issue. Because in my laptop I was also facing the issue and after that I have installed fresh copy of operating system and after that my all the problem gets solved. I think you can try this solution.

After trying all the above solution also if you are still experiencing the same problem continuously then I think there might be something wrong with your laptop and I think you need to give your gigabyte m1405 notebook to gigabyte service center and after that you have to discuss about the problem which you are facing in your gigabyte m1405 notebook. Now after doing that they will solve your issue and your problem will get solved.

In my gigabyte m1405 notebook I have tried to solve this problem by repairing the operating system but after doing that also I was getting the BSOD problem in my laptop and after that I have also installed fresh copy of operating system but that trick doesn’t worked for me and then I have returned my laptop to the Gigabyte service center and after giving the laptop to the service center they have solved my problem. Now I am not getting BSOD issue in my laptop.