Thread: Media bay adapter for Lenovo Thinkpad W520

Media bay adapter for Lenovo Thinkpad W520

I heard that the Lenovo does not have a media bay adapter which fits the thinkpad W510 otherwise W520 laptops. Does anybody know how much time it may gonna take for the engineers to work out how to create it 2.5 mm taller? This is presently plastic. I cannot appreciate why Lenovo has taken this extensive and at rest does not encompass a media bay adapter for their laptop. This must be lifted like a priority for the reason that it is disgraceful that we don't encompass one up till now. I would welcome at any rate a date while I can anticipate Lenovo to resolve this dilemma.

Re: Media bay adapter for Lenovo Thinkpad W520

I hope that you are talking about the Lenovo ThinkPad Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter. By the use of this adapter now you can add a hard drive in Ultrabay bay, on systems compatible with Serial ATA drives. With a hard drive installed on Ultrabay, you have the fastest technology to safeguard critical data and applications to your business.

The FRU intended for the RAID adapter is 60Y5513. I positioned an unboxing video of this fraction and it seems that it is collected of 5 stuff: the normal 10.5mm caddy, a plastic spacer to plug the gap twisted into the peak of the caddy along with 3 foam rubber parts to be located on the peak sides of the caddy. Therefore it appears that a precise 12.7 mm HDD caddy does not live for still the RAID systems.

ThinkPad Bay Adapter II provides utmost Storage suppleness and augments the efficiency of ThinkPad notebook. This adapter allows Serial ATA HDD extension within the ThinkPad native serial media bay. IT allows you put in a next HDD to the Ultrabay of your ThinkPad T400/T500, R400/R500, as well as W500 laptops and to ThinkPad X200 UltraBase. By way of a second HDD, you can rapidly store as well as backup vital information.

Lenovo ThinkPad Serial / Parallel Port Bay Adapter ... Connector flush with the system. The adapter transmits signals native to the serial / parallel port, which function like a set of integrated ports. It is thus particularly suitable for customers using the serial or parallel units and rely on a wireless or native connections are working, the USB ports are not available.

As far as I think that there are several kind of media bay adapters available for Lenovo thinkpads but I don’t know whether other model media bays are compatible with your laptop. However I would recommend you to search on Google and find the best one made for you. However when I search about this I didn’t get any compatible model. I hope that if you are lucky you will surely get the option somewhere there.