Thread: How to disable second DIMM slot in Lenovo Thinkpad T61p

How to disable second DIMM slot in Lenovo Thinkpad T61p

I have been using the Lenovo Thinkpad T61p which shows the low voltage burden connected to GPU and getting two DIMM slots filled. Intended for some reasons I may perhaps give details afterward. Now the thing is I am not able to open the box in order to pull the second DIMM. Is there whichever method the slot so that it can be disabled by program, BIOS settings, and additional non-invasive means?

Re: How to disable second DIMM slot in Lenovo Thinkpad T61p

You will need to use a 64bit operating system if you want to use more memory. 7 under Win x64 I can use 3.90 GB of my 4GB in T400. The reason for the limit to about 2.5GB is that the two graphics cards extort a good part of the limited, directly addressable memory on a 32bit operating system. Unfortunately, the Lenovo still not communicated clearly enough, even though they were pointed out.

There are system configurations where the RAM is effectively limiting rubs and the user can not believe their eyes, because he has a current 64-bit system, a 64-bit version of Windows 7, memory remapping enabled in bios and still have him only 3.2 GB of memory. To make the confusion complete, the boats are the full 4GB of RAM by the BIOS post appears under Windows 7 then effectively 3.2 GB available, which may be made by the Task Manager so easily checked.

As far as I know that the only way to configure the DIMM or RAM setting is by the BIOS only. Whatever you want to configure on your motherboard and arrange on your needs then the BIOS setting is the only one option left for you. No other option capable to do this thing. I hope that you know how to get into the BIOS Setting.

For systems with four DIMM installed memory modules, insert the largest memory DIMM in DIMM slot 0, the second largest DIMM in DIMM slot 1, the third largest DIMM in DIMM slot 2, and the fourth DIMM into the DIMM slot 3 (DIMM slot below the DIMM door on the bottom of the system closest to the 1394 port). In essence, use memory in pairs (slot 0 or slot 1 + 2 +3) for best dual-channel performance will be. Make sure that RAM is formed pairs with the same speed

To identify the defective DIMM and those disabled by the BIOS, use the ILOM Fault Management (Fault Management). Of 4-socket systems, ILOM displays only with pairs of DIMM failure. Other DIMM are turned off, but ILOM does not display the corresponding messages. On systems with 8 sockets, ILOM displays pairs of DIMM with failures and other DIMMs that are disabled because of the rules of population. The messages display class properties differ depending on whether the DIMMs are defective or disabled because of the rules of population.