Thread: Replace ThinkPad X220 with standard US keyboard

Replace ThinkPad X220 with standard US keyboard

I have just purchased a ThinkPad X220 through a Swiss keyboard, except I'd like to put back it by a "standard" US keyboard. I know that it is possible but I am looking for a proper and compatible keyboard. So I am looking for some help regarding the confirmation of part number, and maybe recommend where to find one? I assume its simple sufficient to put back, consistent with the directions within the User Guide. On the Lenovo site I have only found theUSB keyboards there.

Re: Replace ThinkPad X220 with standard US keyboard

Lenovo ThinkPad X220 brings every one of the power as well as suppleness of a notebook with Windows 7 on a tablet PC. Actually, this model is capable to completely match the hallmarks of a laptop with those of a tablet secret, adaptable and accessible. A display of high quality and a lithium ion battery that can offer a range of up to 9 hours (up to 18 hours if combined with the ThinkPad External Battery Pack), are only a few components that make up the arsenal ThinkPad X220 is can offer. After several search on Lenovo site I finally able to find a compatible US based keyboard for this thinkpad and the Part number is # 45N2176

I've utilized on a variety of models and for myself favor 45N2211. It the quietest and feels the nearby to elder thinkpads. If you favor a further "clicky" keyboard in that case look for 45N2071. Of the single 45N2141 i attempted, i didn't like the mouse click buttons like much. However, this can have been an example difference. There is no most excellent option here while seeing as everyone's choices are dissimilar. I’ve heard and interpret regarding an equivalent amount of admire and complaints nearby each of the 3 makers (NMB, chicony, as well as alps) and cannot speak which you want the most.

Tablet PCs offered by Lenovo that makes life easier by using a large 12.5-inch multitouch display based on IPS technology (the same as Apple iPad to be clear). This solution ensures a relatively high image quality beneath all circumstances of utilize. ThinkPad X220 is outfitted with a complete size keyboard at ease and useful and is based on top of the Windows 7 OS from Microsoft, the ideal starting point intended for the execution of whichever application.

The replacement of a defective Lenovo ThinkPad notebook keyboard costs about € 15-40 plus spare parts. The supply situation with spare parts for a Lenovo ThinkPad notebook keyboard replacement is very different. There are manufacturers that make it just comes to replacement keyboards and others where it is almost impossible. The cost of replacing a Lenovo ThinkPad notebook keyboard is extremely higher than a PC. Unlike the PC, there are no standard spare parts. So you're always in repair depends on exactly the same replacement keyboard, which of course drives the price up.

FRU number is not enough in my opinion, because usually the keyboard several manufacturers under one and the same FRU number will be blocked. When you need search the FRU number plus producer country (Thailand or China). A large, sharp picture of the bracket keys on the keyboard is always very helpful.

Lenovo previously interviewed numerous clients regarding the use of a touchpad or trackpoint, the depth of the palm rest, typing the whole experience and the design of additional controls. Altogether more than 800 people participated in the survey, which ultimately led to some unique results, thus found it out that very little interest for a touchpad, because most of ThinkPad users are already accustomed to using the trackpoint. Also on the additional number field would gladly do without most of the respondents, and it was all about them, that feels like a keyboard and the external keyboard of a ThinkPad laptops.