Thread: Slow BIOS POST on Lenovo ThinkPad X220

Slow BIOS POST on Lenovo ThinkPad X220

I own a Lenovo ThinkPad X220 and it is just updated with Intel's most up-to-date firmware previously. It's somewhat strange. The motivating thing however is the SSD doesn't reason whichever slow POST problem when I put in it into my extra laptop. Which is why I'm puzzled? Even supposing it's Lenovo-exact, thinking it's further a rebranded device through the similar controller as well as NAND, I don't observe why I can't place it on non-Lenovo specific gadget, while I'm utilizing it on a Lenovo device anyways.

Re: Slow BIOS POST on Lenovo ThinkPad X220

Microsoft has create the program Bootvis that permits you originally examine the Windows startup as well as loading of drivers. Bootvis will afterward optimize and speed up the set up in a second time. Once the software is downloaded and unzipped, run it. Start analyzing your system via the Trace menu, Next Boot + Driver Delays. The program will restart your computer. Rerun Bootvis to display the results of the analysis. You will see how long it takes to start your PC, CPU usage, hard disk, etc.

Switching times in the diagnostic mode in the BIOS, then you might see hanging wos. I have very similar behavior in the T420s. In the diagnostic mode that I see it on the primary SSD with SATA 1 to 1.5 sec HDAPS tries to initialize and then continue booting. Maybe it's the same with you. I hope that Lenovo gets (and botched the fan control) with 'NEM BIOS update to the series.

The blocking time is the time BIOS allows you to wait until it starts the boot process. That's what it normally does with motherboards overclock so you can go into the BIOS and choose your clockspeed. I now have to reset the BIOS settings on the corresponding BIOS function to the standards, without success. I then bit by bit, the default values according to the manual (which were, which has ceased to function, not always the same) and set the old values still remains all the same.

I have not made any changes to the notebook hardware. The only substantial change was to install Ubuntu dual boot. I confirm that the menu of the BIOS is slow, unresponsive that graphically: moving from one tab to the next can be seen even as clear and redraw the GUI. At this point I was thinking of a hardware problem: I cannot explain just how the problem might disappear suddenly once part of the operating system. To find the hardware problem had only to look in the obvious place: (Windows 7) Control Panel - System - Device Manager.

Since the drives even when not at boot time are needed, you can use the SATA ports, which are attached to it, put in the advanced options in the BIOS to "Disabled" (not in the External Peripherals, is otherwise completely disabled, then Windows also unable to access it). Thus, the BIOS looks only at the port, where the SSD is PATA and the turn-off channel, which brings a few seconds.